Acronis® True Image Home 2009: Trial version

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by JeremyB, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeremyB

JeremyB Registered Member

Are there any limitations on the trial version (other than the time limit)?

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

If you make the bootable Rescue CD (highly recommended) it will not have the Backup feature, only Restore.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello JeremyB,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Acronis True Image Home 2009 trial version has the following limitations:

- Windows: all functions available; 15-days trial period;
    - Bootable media: Recovery feature available only

E.g. you will not be able to clone the disk using Acronis bootable disc during trial period

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

4. rmcinnes

rmcinnes Registered Member

Dmitry,
    Please, please... include this limitation in your Invitation to Download the 15 Day Trial Version, and/or in the User Guide, or/and in the Help Files...
    I have just spent a few hours trying to do a hard drive Clone using the Trial Version, all goes perfectly [Manual Cloning Method] right up to Proceed.
    Proceed is followed by two messages, "Locking Drive C:" and "Locking Drive D:", then nothing. No confirmation to reboot, no progress indicator, nothing at all.

If this operation is prohibited by the 15 Day Trial license, then why not tell me when I hit the go button [Proceed], or preferably before I down load?

Looks like a nice product, but I am not sure I want to buy it now, after all this messing about. And especially since I only need the once in a life time Disk Cloning function at this point in time...

Robert...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.