Acronis True Image Home 2009: MFT Bitmap is damaged

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Moroni, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moroni

Moroni Registered Member

Attempts to do a full backup of disk c: onto an external disk e: give rise after a couple of minutes or so to the following error message:

MFT Bitmap damaged [noparse](0x7001:cool:[/noparse]

The task is broken off. What is this ominous bitmap, and how can it be repaired? Nothing else was running on the computer at the time. The operating system is VISTA.

The backup of user files functions normally.

Moroni

2. blupp1

blupp1 Registered Member

I could fix this problem as i removed the partition (in your case E: ) and created it again.

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

If I got an error message like that, the first thing I would do is run chkdsk X: /f on each partition. Replace X with the drive letter of the partition being tested; reboot likely required for C.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Moroni,

Also you can perform check disk operation from Windows installation CD, sometimes this can be useful.

Please boot up from the Windows Bootable CD, then go to the Recovery Console (the first Repair option you come to).

From the command prompt please type:

"chkdsk DISK: /r"

where DISK is the partition letter you need to check.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.