Acronis True Image Home 2009 Installation Issues

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jef3680, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jef3680

jef3680 Registered Member

I just purchased and received TI2009 after using after previously using TI 10 and upgrading to TI 11. I am running the Vista operating systerm with Norton Internet Security 2009. I initially installed TI2009 from the disk I received without updating to the latest build as I kept getting an error. I am not sure which build I received. The installation went smoothly but later found my card reader along with the card ports on my monitor disapeared and I could not figure out a way to get them back. After uninstalling TI2009 using Vista's Add/Remove programs the card readers were back and working. I next tried to install the latest build (Build #9796) from the web site. This installed but after the computer took a while to reboot I got a BSOD. Rebooted again found that my card readers were still there but the computer was running slow and I got another BSOD. Rebooted a third time, the computer ran very slow so I again removed TI2009 and the computer is working again as it should. Could the antivirus software be interferring with the installation, or other ideas?

2. jef3680

I appear to have sucessfully gotten TI Home 2009 to install by disabling my anitvirus software. I had to again go to the website to get the latest build as when I tried it using the DVD I kept getting an error message.

3. GTX11

GTX11 Registered Member

This is total garbage. I am going to try and get my money back. It takes 2.5 hours for a backup, will not run a scheduled one . Do not purchase this product. You have been warned!

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Could you be more specific?

What version and build did you buy?

Is this problem from within Windows or the Rescue CD?

What size drives (from and to)

Is the image being stored on an external drive via USB, firewire, NAS, FTP etc?

Are you performing a plain image, files and folders backup or sector by sector?

If USB, is the drive plugged in via an external hub/ spare monitor feed through etc?

Is your USB v2.0?

What OS are you imaging from?

5. GTX11

GTX11 Registered Member

The latest version
    A complete image to ASZ
    I am not Using a USB drive but yes it is 2.0
    The size of the drive partition is c:\(117Gb) d:\(582Gb) ASZ(231.5GB)
    Why this info is needed to determine why it will nor run a scheduled backup eludes me. The program also locks up every time I need to use it. I am using Windows 7 Build 7600 RTM.

6. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

English language build 9796 I presume!

OK.

Obviously not, as you are using the SZ

OK, NTFS and a standard basic disk - no version of Linux on the other partition?

Because silly me was trying to see if I could help you, I don't have x-ray vision to your system, the more information people have the more likely something may ring a bell or through experience they will be able to pin point the problem and have everything hunky dory for you.

At what point does it hang?

Well that's clever, those with a subscription to TechNet won't be getting it until the beginning of August, nor according to Microsoft will those who have been involved in their partnership test program, rest of the plebs who are entitled and OEM is supposed to be August 16th - so that just leaves Microsoft Partners such as HP, Dell and favoured software writers who might get the RTM.

It might be that the RTM version has had some alterations that mean 2009 now has a problem, after all it is working on beta build 7100.

Is it only to the SZ that your problem is happening, does it happen if you try to make an image to the other partition or even to an external drive?

The TI version that will be bona fide W7 ready is in beta testing at the moment (2010) , 2009 is not guaranteed to work with W7.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  7. jef3680

It turns out I am still having issues with TI 2009. After reloading the computer seemed to work ok until I turned it off and restarted it. It took for ever to start up. I left it running overnight and restarted it this morning and it wouldn't reboot but instead went into the windows repair mode. It asked to restore to an early time which I did and the computer is back up and running normally again. What the restore did is remove TI2009. I installed build number 9796, running Vista on a Dell XPS730.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jef3680,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

jef3680,

To resolve the issue please do the following:

Please delete keys and strings from Windows registry to remove Acronis SnapAPI drivers, you can learn on how to do it here.

After that please install SnapAPI380 update file available here, reboot the computer to complete the changes and see if the issue remains.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.