Acronis True Image Home 2009 gives installation error on Vista Ultimate 64 bits

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Tazman2408, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tazman2408

Tazman2408 Registered Member

Hello,

I bought Acronis True Image Home 2009 this afternoon and after having received an e-mail I downloaded the software.

During installation of the software there is an error message.

An error occured during the installation of assemby "microsoft.VC80.CRT.publickeyToken = "1fc8b3b9a18e3b", type = "win32", version = "8.050727.762". processorArchitecture = "amd64". Please refer to Help and Support for more information

It seems that the software is 32 bits and therefore can not be installed on my version of Windows

I use Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bits as an operating system.

Can anybody help or tell me what to do ?

Best regards

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tazman2408,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image

Acronis True Image Home 2009 is compatible with Windows Vista 64 bit. To help us to find the reason for the issue please do the following:

1. Launch the product installation file;

2. Once the Acronis product installation screen appears, right-click on the name of the component that fails to install. You should see two options there: Install and Extract. Select Extract;

3. Select the path for extracting the component and click Save. You should select C partition, and leave the auto-created file name.

4. Go to the Run prompt (Start -> Run) and issue the following command:

msiexec /i C:\AcronisTrueImage.msi /l*v C:\msilog.log

5. Reproduce the problem and obtain the log file created during the installation;

6. Please compress MSI output file into an archive (e.g. with WinZip) and attach to your message by browsing for the archive.

7. - Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    - Choose the "Save" option in the "File" menu (or "Action" menu under Windows 2000), enter the "File name" and set the field "Save as type" to "System Information File (*.NFO)";

Acronis Customer Service is available here, contact us and have these files at hand.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.