Acronis True Image Home 2009 does not work.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ansentry, Jul 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ansentry

ansentry Registered Member

I have True Image Home 2009.

I have tested it with xp, did a disk backup to external USB Hard Drive then removed and uninstalled program from computer, booted with disk and then did a restore and it worked fine.

BUT when put to a real test it FAILED.

1 > Did a complete disk backup to external USB Hard Drive, then tried to format disk go to 80% and I turned the PC off.

2 > Put in True Image disk and it booted fine, choice was Full, Safe or Windows First time chose Full, screen went black and then came back "out of range" , second time I tried Full it came back with can't load boot menu.

3 > Then I tried Safe and it worked but did not display the USB External Drive.

Have I done something wrong or is this product just useless?

Sorry for my attitude but after paying good money this product fails on it first test.

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Which build of 2009 do you have?

Have you tried the 'quiet acpi=off noapic' switch? Press F11 when the cursor appears at the top left of your screen on booting. Then choose Full.

The BartPE download from Acronis might help as this will use Windows drivers rather than Linux ones.

If neither of these work, then you could email Acronis Support with details of your system (chipset, motherboard, etc) and they may be able to make a special ISO rescue CD for you.

Could you perhaps post your machine specifications here, in case some one has a similar system and knows how to get it going.

3. ansentry

bodgy,

Thanks for your reply you ask;

I have not idea and don't know how to find out.

No

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Ah yes the dreaded MS Office skin style thingo. Press the ALT key, the Help menu option will appear and then you can Help\About.

5. ansentry

I have just installed True Image on another computer , hit the Alt key and there it is: build 9,646

I will now try this:

6. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Is yours a German language version?

The latest English language build is 9796, which might have an updated Rescue Disk as well. If yours is not the English version, you won't be able to download it and install as your licence number won't work.

It might be worthwhile though downloading the trial English version of TI, make a Rescue CD and see if that one can see your external drives.

7. ansentry

Tried the switch nothing changed - held it down from start until screen said "Out of Range"

8. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Sorry I didn't explain myself well.

When you press the F11 key, you should get a message box pop up saying QUIET....... , you then need to type in the acpi=off noapic

With 2009, you can enter this under the options menu, so as it gets burnt to the CD - start mediabuilder on second page of form click bootable media startup parameters - enter the above - I'm not sure if the QUIET word needs to be entered.

9. ansentry

bodgy,

Thanks for you continued help, my build that I purchased was 9646 and I am not downloading the latest 9796.

When I have that working I will make a new rescue disk.

10. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I'm just wondering if they improved anything in the later build Rescue Disk, but if you could post the chipset your MB has, then someone else may have found the answer.

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

ansentry,

It looks like the current Acronis Bootable Rescue Media handles your video adapter improperly. Please log in to your account and download an ISO file to create another Acronis Bootable Rescue Media based on ISOLINUX.

You can find more information on how to burn an ISO image to a CD here and here .

Create a new CD and check its functionality.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.