acronis true image has not found any hard disk drives

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by yonkiman, Aug 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yonkiman

yonkiman Registered Member

I just installed a SATA drive on my PC (Asus K8N-E Deluxe MB, Silicon Image 3114 SATA chip). When I run TI now, it immediately says "acronis true image has not found any hard disk drives", which I find unexpected, since I was running Windows from a parallel ATA hard drive that TI used to find.

So what's up? Partition Magic 8.0 (from the year 2003) sees both my SATA and PATA drives just fine. How come the latest TI 8 (build 903) can't see either?

Help?

Thanks,
    Fred

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, yonkiman

Welcome to Wilders and Acronis Forums.

I have the same MB, just tested the latest build on it, to answer another question for somebody, no problems with it here. [as with all the later builds of Ti8]

Where is this in Windows or from the BootCD [if you made one].

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello yonkiman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please download and install the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

If that does not help then please download and install the latest version of Acronis drivers with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please also create Acronis Report and Linux system information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Send all the collected filed to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

Alexey

With disk overlay software like Goback will TrueImage find the disk or ignore them because of the MBR pertition ID type?

5. Acronis Support

Hello starfish_001,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We recommend you to disable or even to uninstall any disk overlay software like Norton Goback prior to using Acronis True Image 8.0, as such kind of a software requires an exclusive access to the hard drive and might block the access to your disk for the applications like Acronis True Image 8.0.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

6. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

Alexey,

Thanks

But true Image 8 can read partition GoBack Id 44?

My understanding was that I can use them together but if I reinstall a TI them the recent changes in GB would be lost.

7. Acronis Support

Hello starfish_001,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

You can read this information on our web-site:

Acronis True Image 8.0 is compatible with Norton GoBack, but for specific Acronis functions, you will need to disable Norton GoBack:

* If you start Acronis True Image 8.0 from the bootable rescue media.
    * If you want to restore an image archive.
    * If you want to create, resize or delete the Acronis Secure Zone.

Please note that after restoring an image archive, the history of Norton GoBack stored on the target hard drive is automatically lost.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.