Acronis True Image for Small Business Server LAUNCHED

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jeremyotten, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Looks like bits of Echo server and workstation joined together.

I wonder if it was beta tested?

I also wonder if it'll work with that rare beast HomeServer, as Echo had some small problems with that.

Colin

3. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

nope is only intended for SBS

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bodgy,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Small Business Server Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

As jeremyotten noted, Acronis True Image for Microsoft Small Business Server only supports Windows Small Business Server 2003 and Windows Small Business Server 2008 (the latter is supported within 30 days of availability from Microsoft).

We also would like to mention that Acronis True Image for Microsoft Small Business Server includes Acronis Universal Restore free of charge.

You can find detailed information about Acronis True Image for Microsoft Small Business Server from the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. wmiles

wmiles Registered Member

Could you state what the differences are between Echo Server Standard and this new SBS version, as i have been using Echo Server to backup SBS 2003 systems without any issues so far?

6. NumLock

NumLock Registered Member

This is getting more complicated. First question that pops in my head is how the different management consoles are gong to be able to see/access each other.

Situation: I have both ES and SBS licenses. the SBS are used on the SBS servers (of course I could have bought and used ES for that but I'm cutting down on costs; and thats 50% of the price!)
    Questions:
    1. Can the ES management consoles connect and administer to SBS agents?
    2. Can SBS management consoles connect and administer to ES agents?

Rant: Acronis' licensing model is getting complicated... why not follow other backup solution's licensing model; by the use of agent licenses and do administration of database, SBS, linux servers, deployments all in one console.

7. NumLock

NumLock Registered Member

According to this Comparison Table; You get everything Enterprise Server has (remote management and all) on the SBS; the only difference is that you can only install it on two types of operating systems: Windows small business server 2003 and 2008 - these are stripped down and limited versions of the regular windows server 2003/2008 targeted for small companies.

So expect the installer to not have an agent for linux (as compared to ES edition)

Echo server standared (AKA Server for windows) does not have remote management capabilities whereas the SBS do. Aside from the cheaper price and a free Universal Restore add-on I find it stupid to purchase anything other than a SBS for computers running windows SBS 2003/2008 from now on.....

.... well unless you plan to upgrade to a full version of windows server and want to keep the license.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.