Acronis True Image eSATA Recovery issue

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Keith Weisshar, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keith Weisshar

Keith Weisshar Registered Member

I'm having a problem restoring via the eSATA connection when using the Acronis True Image 2009 Recovery CD. I have a WD My Book Home Edition drive and when I try to restore via the eSATA connection the drive shuts down and won't respond if I try to turn it back on and I have to unplug the power cable from the drive and then plug it back in. I have an EVGA X58 SLI motherboard and the built-in eSATA port is connected to the Jmicron 362 controller. Why does the external drive stop working while restoring? I can only restore via USB or FireWire but USB is too slow.

2. itobor

itobor Registered Member

Have no answers, but if it is any comfort my WD Home Edition (500GB) has never worked at all using its eSata connection, so I'll be watching to see if you get any assistance on this.

The drive works (usually) on its USB and Firewire 400 connections, though even then occasionally freezes up while creating an ATI 11 restore point (so that I have to start the process over from scratch). I believe there is some discussion on forum of similar problems and getting from Acronis support an updated patch to improve i/o performance. Following info from Acronis Support MAY be relevant:

"In some cases Acronis drivers may interfere with drivers of other software installed on your computer. E.g. Antivirus programs can seriously influence Acronis software from proper functionality. To overcome this issue you should download and install the latest builds of Antivirus software or temporarily disable it.

If nothing helps contact Acronis support and ask them provide you the latest SnapAPI drivers for Acronis True image program you have. The SnapAPI module is in charge of all I/O operations on the hard disk of Acronis software working in Windows.

You can contact Acronis support via Live Chat http://www.acronis.com/company/conta...index.html?t=1"

3. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Yes, Live Chat will be your quickest solution.

While I have no answers for your problem. I can relate my experiences. XP-Pro, (SP3), TI 2009 (9709).

My eSata is connected via a BlacX sata docking station. The BlacX is connected to an added internal PCI Sata Controller.

I can use my eSata for any of the Ti functions of backup/restore/clone, etc. The same is true when I use the TI Rescue.

My eSata has worked also with previous versions of TI10 & 11.

Lately, I have been using Mustang's new VistaPe for 2009 and the eSata works equally well when using this Acronis boot method. I really like the additional functionality of this VistaPE CD with the ability to run chkdsk or copy files from one drive to another when booted from the CD. I have 4 internal disks (C-O) and 2 eSata disks. TI has worked well for me.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  4. Cooperdale

Cooperdale Registered Member

I already owned 3 WD Home Edition hard drives. I tried each of them with many different esata controllers, cables and so on. They just don't work well as esata drives.

I can't advise you to do the same, but here's what I did: I took all 3 drives out of their cases (mind you, this will cancel your warranty) and I've hooked them inside Sitecom cases with esata. Result: they work wonderfully.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.