Acronis True Image Enterprise

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by SANITY_FARE, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SANITY_FARE

SANITY_FARE Registered Member

I have a client who uses Acronis True Image Enterprise and they have said they can image some pc hard drives for me. My question is, will Acronis be able to image the data which is unallocated, i.e deleted files?

Normally we would suggest using some forensic tools for this process?

Any thoughts from a Super User of this product would be welcome,

Thanks

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I've never thought about this before, but as it makes an image of in use sectors, then I would think the unlinked clusters and therefore the info they contain would be imaged along with the entries in either the FAT or MFT.

After all a deletion just 0xFF's the identifier everything else is still there.

If security is a concern, then I'd suggest your thoughs on 'forensicking' the disk the way to go. Strangely Acronis now include a disk cleaner with the Home version, but not with the big boys versions.

Colin

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello SANITY_FARE,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please notice that such option is implemented in Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server via command line mode with parameter "/raw". Please see chapter 16 "Command-line mode and scripting" of Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server User's Guide for detailed information.

We recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server to see how the software works on your computer. With the trial version of the product you will be able to fully use the Windows version for 15 days and manage up to 5 remote computers. The bootable rescue media will be limited to restore function.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product. Note that we have a flexible system of discounts and the amount of the discount varies depending on the number of copies you want to purchase. In case you are planning to purchase many copies, please contact our Sales Team by filling up the Volume License Request form available at the Purchase Acronis Corporate Solutions page of Acronis web site.

Please note that according to Acronis License Policy you need to purchase one copy of the product for every computer it will be used to manage.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.