Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 9.1 Build 3633

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dingwap, Jun 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dingwap

dingwap Registered Member

Hi all

Firstly, apologies if this has already been posted but i can't find any reference to problems with the above product. I'm currently evaluating TI ES 9.1 and am particularly interested in the Group Server element of the product. I have a Windows 2003 SP1 Server with the Management Console, TI 9.1 and Group Server installed and am currently managing 8 Servers.

I just seem to be encountering major instability with the product. In the previous version (3062) i'd have the occasional Internal Error when working in the Group Server element but i could ignore these and carry on. In the current 3633 version i can't use the Group Tasks Management to create a group task as it crashes immediately when i click on the New Group Task. I can create a new Group Task from the Group Status screen, but if i want to then delete this task the console crashes out.

There's also fundamental options missing from the Group Server product. Within Group Task Management i'd expect to be able to edit an existing task, or do a 'run now' but it seems that once the task is created all you can do is delete it.

I would also expect to be able to remove a computer from the Group Status page but the only option i have when i right-click on a Server is 'Copy all' or 'Select all'

As i can't find anyone having similar issues i can only assume that perhaps i'm doing something wrong! o_O However, the installer didn't request any pre-reqs and there's nothing major running on the Server where Group Server is installed, just the usual management, monitoring and backup software, so i'm not sure where i'm going wrong!

Any help or advice would be very welcome.

Thanks

Peter

2. athos

athos Registered Member

Peter, based on my own experiences, I suspect it's not anything you're doing wrong. I've found the Enterprise Server product to be frustratingly unstable. Please see this thread for my similar list of woes:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=135182

This product was clearly released before it was ready. No QA team should have let this through.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please provide us with the more detailed information on the problem?

- What do you mean exactly when saying that the program crashes?

- What happens exactly when you click on the 'New Group Task' button?

- What happens exactly when you try to delete a task from the 'Group Status' screen?

- Do you receive any error, warning or informational messages? What exact messages do you receive? When exactly do you receive them?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

In fact, you did everything correctly. I'm afraid that there are no such options in the current version (9.1) of Acronis True Image Enterprise Server for Windows. If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.