Acronis True Image Echo Server für Windows with Universal Restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ChrisBuedenbender, Dec 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisBuedenbender

ChrisBuedenbender Registered Member

Hallo,

i have a problem with the Acronis True Echo Server for Windows with Universal Restore add on. I want to change a Server with Windows 2003 so a need a restore on a different hardware.

The old Server is a Window 2003 on dynamic partition. I made the boot-disk with universal restore and boot Acronis with the option "Universal Restore Full Version". I can made the Image to a USB-Drive without any problems. But when i want to restore the image on the new server (same process: boot with Acronis CD an the option "universal Restore full version") is there no option for Universal restore.

Is it possible that die True Echo Server supports dynamic drives but Universal Restore does it not support?

------------------------
    Aufgrund meines durchaus bescheidenen Englisch nochmal auf deutsch...

Ich möchte einen Server physikalisch tauschen, d.h. ein reiner Hardware-Tausch. Wichtig dabei ist, dass der Maschinen-Name gleich bleibt. Daher ist für mich Acronis perfekt geeignet. Leider geht es nicht ganz so, wie ich es mir vorstelle:
    Ich habe Acronis True Echo Server zur Verfügung und habe extra das Universal Restore dazugekauft, um die Hardwareänderung zu kompensieren. Ich boote den alten Server mit einer erstellen Acronis-CD und der boot-Option "Universal Restore Vollversion". Er erkennt die Quellplatte und erstellt ein Image.
    Wenn ich im anschluss die neue Maschine mit der Acronis-CD boote und auch dort wieder Universal Restore auswähle kann ich zwar das Image zurückspielen... aber die Option "Univeral Restore benutzen" wird nicht angeboten. Als Ergebnis bekomme ich dann ein weniger befriedigendes Resultat: der Server bootet nicht. Es kommt sofort ein Blue-Screen.

Das Problem: die Quell-Platte ist ein "dymanisches Laufwerk". Auf der Acronis-Seite wird groß geworben, dass der True Echo Server das unterstütz... kann es also sein, dass das Univeral Restore noch eine alte Version ist, welches dass nicht kann?? Und wenn das so ist.. hat jemand eine Idee für mein Problem.

2. mustang

mustang Developer

That is correct. Universal Restore does not work with dynamic disks. You can try by converting the dynamic disk to basic and then take a new image. See if the Universal Restore option appears when you restore the basic disk image to new hardware.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ChrisBuedenbender and mustang,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Actually, all Echo versions of Acronis True Image support restoring dynamic system disks using Acronis Universal Restore.

ChrisBuedenbender, since you experience a problem with that, please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.