Acronis True Image Echo problems

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jumping, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jumping

Jumping Registered Member

Hello there

Got an email from Acronis yesterday about the new version of TI called Echo, so leeched it and installed it.

How ever I have hit a huge problem, the new management console doesn't speak to old agents :eek:

If this is normal behaviour for the new version I'm stuffed as I can't update all my agents in one go due to it being installed on mission critical servers and workstations in a 24/7 factory environment.

I'm running Vista (32bit) business but I don't think thats the reason its not working.

Has any one else experienced the same problem? Or have any one had the new console speaking to old agents?

/Jump

2. VolkerNadolski

VolkerNadolski Registered Member

Hi,

I had the same problem from TI 8 to TI 9.1, BUT you can install both consoles on one machine.

Greetings
    Volker

3. Jumping

Jumping Registered Member

I guess I could use that but it's not very smooth.

Hope there isn't any compatibility issues with restoring files between the echo and the old versions.

I emailed acronis tech support so will what they say about it.

It's not like echo is that different from the old 9.1 versions and not making the console compatible with older version to me is a HUGE misstake, so im hopping its just some bug or weird issue on my machine.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jumping,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that it's recommended to update all installed components (including Acronis Agents) as they need to be the same build in order to interact properly.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image in the respective User's Guide.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.