Acronis True Image E00040007 error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Alith, May 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alith

Alith Registered Member

I have Acronis True Image version 11 Home build8053 XP SP3 Home edition

This error is driving me crazy. Is there a recent post addressing this issue? I read the old posts, but none of the suggestions seemed to work for others.

It doesn't matter if I use DVD-RW or DVD-R These disks are brand new and never been used. It happened to me with CD-RW as well.

Uninstalling Nero with cleanup tool and reinstalling without InCD has not stopped these errors either.

I don't get the error every time either. Usually on the second disk (last disk) used for the back up.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Alith,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Could you please clarify if you have set the option to validate the archive upon creation? If yes, then please reinsert the last created disk when prompted with that error. It indicates that Acronis True Image is trying to read the archive to validate it.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. Alith

Alith Registered Member

I get this error when I have not set the option to validate backup. I have tried with validation, and also get this error. It does not happen consistently
    regardless of which method I use.

4. Acronis Support

Hello Alith,

Thank you for clarification.

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers and install it with disabled logging.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Reinstall Acronis drivers with enabled logging;
    - Reproduce the issue and collect the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

To obtain CD Recorder log, please proceed as follows:
    - Run regedit from Start -> Run;
    - Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\DebugLogs registry key;
    - Please create the folder DebugLogs if it does not exist yet;
    - Add cdrecord value (Type: DWORD; Data: 1);
    - Please reproduce the problem;
    The cdrecord.log will be created in Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\DebugLogs folder.

Please also collect the application log of the operation:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the corresponding log;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will do our best to investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. Alith

Alith Registered Member

Do I install the latest driver ontop of the driver I have already?

I have a snapapi.dll version 3.3.0.337 Is this not the latest version?

I don't think I have logging enabled right now. I have no such file in
    C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

I do not have HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\DebugLogs registry key. I don't know how to create a key. I see under edit a place to create a key and a DWORD. I don't want to fumble thru it, even with a reg backup. I also have no idea how to create a new folder. I do not have a Debuglogs registry key.

Can you write this : Add cdrecord value (Type: DWORD; Data: 1); exactly how I would put it in?

Thanks

6. Acronis Support

Hello Alith,

Yes, please install the drivers on top of the ones already installed. Actually, it's mostly necessary to make sure drivers are installed properly (in case they were corrupted by some recent change in the system). Also, the version supplied together with Acronis True Image does not have logging option.

Please use this file to add the required registry value automatically: View attachment Rename to .reg.txt You will need to rename it to have ".reg" extension first.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

7. Alith

Alith Registered Member

I Downloaded the file to desktop. It is called:
    Rename to .reg.txt so what do I change it to?

Something like: Acronis.reg

8. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Yes. So long as it has the reg extension, windows will treat it as a registry instruction file. Assuming the instructions are written appropirately, all you should have to do is double-click on the file. The regeditor will then ask if you want to add the information in "<filename>.reg to the registry, click on Yes. You will then get a confirmation from windows that the info has been added.

9. Alith

Alith Registered Member

Thanks for the added info Marat. When I have some time this week I'll work on this. I don't get the error consistantley, so I may have to try several times. I will update the driver also.

I have an XP SP3 home edition but I'll keep the links for future reference. Thanks Shieber.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.