Acronis True Image Deluxe

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sgrb, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgrb

sgrb Registered Member

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi,

Try clicking the "+" sign against the icon called Resorse del Computer and then select a partition on your "D:" drive in which to create an image of your "C:" drive.

Regards

3. sgrb

sgrb Registered Member

Hi,
    why doesnt' show the partition on D ?
    Many thanks.

http://www.geocities.com/landolini/acronis1.jpg

4. Menorcaman

I'm not familiar with True Image Delux but looking at the screenshots in your first post again I notice the logical partitions on your second hard drive have not been assigned drive letters. Are you using Windows XP? If so, exit True Image and right click "My Computer", click on "Manage" and open the Computer Management window. Click on "Disk Management" and you will probably see those logical partitions without their associated drive letters. If that's the case then right click on the first of these partitions, select "Change Drive Letters and Paths and then click the "Add" button. Add the appropriate drive letter and then repeat the procedure for the remaining partitions on your second drive.

Hopefully, when you restart True Image and get to the Image Archive Creation window, those logical partitions will now be visible. Just double click on the one you want to save the image to.

Regards

5. sgrb

sgrb Registered Member

Thanks so much for your reply.
    I've retried ...and I've get the image on drive D !!!
    I've WinMe and drive D has a primary partition FAT32 and some partitions with Linux installed . This second time I've operated as the first time but now it has worked and the File Image has been recorded correctly ,automatically in this FAT32 partition ! I can extract a file from this image (...also if in the first attempt the system crashed ) . Then it has choosed the partition without the need of a my intervention .....correct ?
    Thanks again,regards.

6. Menorcaman

Excellent! However, as I said previously, I'm not familiar with TI Delux but if it has an "Explore Image" feature then use this to mount the image as a virtual drive. Once mounted you can then copy individual files from it to your local hard drives. The virtual drive is "Read Only", therefore you cannot delete, add, edit or move the files (only copy).

In order to restore your complete system in the event of bad or corrupted software you will need the bootable rescue media that you should have created during/after installation of TI. Just boot from the bootable rescue disk/floppies and choose the "Restore Image" function to restore (not copy) the image created on your D: drive back to your C: drive. During the restore procedure you must choose to make your C: drive the Primary, Active partition in order for it to boot into Window after the restore has been completed.

Happy imaging and restoring.

Regards

7. sgrb

sgrb Registered Member

Thanks a lot for your help .
    Regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.