Acronis True Image cannot read RAID array

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by timmy2, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timmy2

timmy2 Registered Member

I just built a new system based on the Intel D975XBX motherboard, which has both Intel and Silicon Image SATA RAID capability. My "C drive" is a pair of drives configured for RAID 0 using the Silicon Image 3114 SATA hardware.

I still use True Image version 8 (latest rev) because it's worked fine up until now, even with Intel RAID arrays. But for some reason when I try to image the C drive True Image reports sector reading errors during the analysis.

I was able to image this array using BootIt's built-in image creation capability but would like to continue using True Image.

Will the newest release of True Image work with the Silicon Image 3114 SATA hardware?

Thank you.

2. lgRich

lgRich Registered Member

I have the same problem with Acronis True Image server 9.1 last built, I can't restore my image from my Raid 10 based on silicon 3114.o_O

I am waiting for reply from Acronis about that.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello timmy2,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please clarify what exactly error message you received when you try to create the image? Please create a screen shot if possible. Also clarify if you use Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue Media or did you use Acronis True Image in Windows?

Acronis True Image (any edition) fully supports RAID configurations (including RAID 0,1,5, etc.) even while booted from Bootable Rescue media.

When Acronis True Image is running under Windows, it works with all the hard disk drivers detected by the operating system. If Acronis True Image is running in rescue mode (e.g. to restore the system partition), then it provides support for all hardware RAID controllers. Should you experience a problem with your RAID controller when accessing from rescue mode, please provide us with the exact vendor and model of the RAID controller you use. Please also create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Note that since you use an older version of Acronis True Image (namely, Acronis True Image 8.0) you should press F11 button when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears and not when the selection screen appears (Acronis True Image 8.0 Bootable Rescue CD for example does not have any selection screen).

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello timmy2,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please describe the issue in more details?

- Please explain your step-by-step actions which you took that led you to this issue;

- Did you receive any error messages during the restoration? Please create a screen shot of the error message, if possible;

- Did you use Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue Media or did you use Acronis True Image in Windows?

- Where is the image archive stored?

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.