Acronis True Image 9.1 Product and PXE Server

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jeremyotten, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

Acronis When I have installed TrueImage 9.1 on a machine and I install Snap Deploy 2.0 PXE server on the Same computer I can then add the Resque CD components to the PXE server. With version 1.0 this wasn't possible.

Why isn't the PXE server component Added to the Enterprise version? And Why do we have to buy Snap Deploy for this functionality?

Thanx in Advance
    Jeremy Otten
    Netherlans

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Server Backup Software and Acronis Complete System Deployment Software.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay with the response. Somehow this thread remained unnoticed since June 19th.

Please be aware that Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows is basically intended for backing up servers and therefore includes the capability of booting remote machines from Acronis Bootable Agent sent to this machine using Microsoft RIS Server (see Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows User's Guide for further details on how to boot the remote machine from Acronis Bootable Agent using Microsoft RIS Server). This is the common way of booting remote machines in server environment and provides almost the same functionality as Acronis PXE Server included in Acronis Snap Deploy 2.0. In fact, they both utilize the same PXE technology.

Actually, Acronis Snap Deploy 2.0 is another product meant for another purposes. It is not a backup but a deployment solution and therefore provides a little bit different functionality. One more important thing I should mention is that Acronis Snap Deploy 2.0 is much cheaper than Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows ;)

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

What license do I need to have for the computers that I deploy the agent to?

Or are they incorporated within the Enterprise license?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jeremy,

Please note that according to Acronis software licensing policy, you should purchase one copy of Acronis program per every computer you plan to backup\recover\deploy using this software. If computers where you want to install Acronis Agent are servers then you should purchase 1 license of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows for each of them. If these computers are workstations, i.e. running non-servers operating systems, then having Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation license for each of them will certainly suite your needs. I mean that the corresponding builds of Acronis Management Console and Acronis Agent of both Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation and Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows are fully compatible.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.