Acronis True Image 8.0_need help

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bangsergio, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bangsergio

bangsergio Registered Member

Hi Guys nice place here,

i need some help with this issue (hoppe you guys can help me):

I´m working in Germany, I have a system with a silent backup running in Croatien, i can connect to this system (XP+Sp2) via Remote tool,
    my question: is it possible to restore this backup without pressing F11 like in Windows mode or with a script that when system is booting runs this script and restore the original image?
    My problem is that i dont speek Croatish and they don´t speek German or English and can not explain this guys in Croatien what they have to do to restore backup with F11.

Specs from System in Croatien:
    Windows Xp + SP2
    Silent Backup done with Acronis True Image 8.0 OEM Edition
    Net Support 10.02 remote Tool

Hope you have uderstand me and you can help me.

PS: Sorry for my bad english.

2. bangsergio

No one can help me?:( :( :(

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

TI doesn't have a mode to restore automatically at boot up. That's just not a feature that Acronis has wanted to add. You have to manually start the restore by pressing F11 if you have that feature installed or by running TI in Windows and starting the restore from there.

There is other software designed to restore a system on every boot up to a standard condition. Microsoft offers a free program to do this.

4. bangsergio

F11 feature is there, my problem is that the guys in Croatien dont understand me, and to send an engineer on site to restore backup is to expensive.
    TI is OEM version and already tried to restore from there (GUI), when TI GUI start cannot see how to restore hide backup, please tell me how?

you said Microsoft offers a free program to do this, can i use this to restore TI backups?
    Maybe there is another way to restore this backup without use F11 feature from Acronis, im really sad if i cant solve this.

Many thanks for your efforts.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  5. bangsergio

Come on guys, don't forget me.
    Need really your HELP.

6. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

No, it doesn't do anything with Acronis. It's a different product called Steady State:
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect/products/family/steadystate.mspx

If your users can't understand how to press F11 and find the image to restore, then I don't think they will find TI much use.

I thought about using a VPN remote control approach to run the restore, but that requires a system that is running properly and connects to the Internet. When restores are needed, that is often not the case.

You might also look at Faronics' products:
    http://www.faronics.com/

7. bangsergio

"I thought about using a VPN remote control approach to run the restore, but that requires a system that is running properly and connects to the Internet. When restores are needed, that is often not the case."

I have a VPN connection to this system (Net Support) but like i said i cant restore with TI GUI cause this function is not available on TI 8.0 OEM.

So please tell me how can i resolve this.

8. bangsergio

Hi MODs,
    if it isnt possible to help me, please close this thread.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bangsergio,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please notice that usually OEM versions of Acronis True Image offer somewhat different functionality that the ones offered by Acronis. So, we recommend you to contact the vendor from which software was received for details on it's features.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.