Acronis True Image 8.0 No manual,No boot disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by oldad, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldad

oldad Registered Member

I just purchased from Atomic Park , True image 8.0 and was advised it was the newest laltest boxed version .

When recd it was in a real small box with a'bout a 4"X4" Installation manual,

No users manual except on disk

Installation manual stated in part "Omit step to make a boot disk if You purchased the boxed version with a boot disk".

My little box had only one disk...the installation disk

Have I been taken advantagea of?

Does any boxed version have two disks and a paper manual?
    thanks in advance.
    oldad

2. erhayes

erhayes Registered Member

I purchased my boxed Acronis 8.0 from CompUSA and it had only one disk and only a 4x4 booklet. All the instruction are loaded onto the HD which makes it useless in case of a crash I think.

3. oldad

oldad Registered Member

The Users manual ,downloaded from Acronis states that the installation disk is the boot disk...but does not have any further explanation.

I think I willlgo with Symantec Ghost which has a great manual and on paper!!

4. Donprovo

Donprovo Registered Member

Did you guys ever hear of a thing called a PRINTER? :D

You should print out the manual whether you have it on the install disk or you download the pdf version from the Acronis website.

Anytime you get an install disk with a retail program just figure it's to get you started. All those disks are obsolete before they go into the package. You always have to got to the publisher's website and download the updates, patches or latest versions.

When I buy a retail program I figure I'm really just buying a serial number so i can download the real program.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello oldad,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Our customers wherever they purchased the product have an ability to register their products at our web-site in order to receive free updates and notifications about updates and offers. Please register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product.

The boxed version of Acronis program contains installation CD and Startup Guide. Startup Guide is a concise description of Acronis program. To get full information about our program we recommend you to read the User's Guide.

You can download the User's Guide of Acronis software from the following link: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/download/docs.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

6. oldad

oldad Registered Member

OH Yeah Don...All eighty one (81,repeat 81 separate pages

7. napoleon

napoleon Registered Member

I wouldn't complain. Since you want to go to Ghost, good luck with that manual. The implementation guide is 309 pages, and that is one of four different manuals.

8. oldad

oldad Registered Member

Yeah!

9. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Both TI and Ghost are so easy to use that no manual is really needed. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.