Acronis True Image 8.0 Build 859?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gate1975mlm, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gate1975mlm

gate1975mlm Registered Member

Is there going to be an update soon that fixes the problems in Build 859?

2. UpdateWaiter

UpdateWaiter Guest

The Acronis Support say:

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software and it will be released soon.

Should we trust?

Perhaps is better to search a new software for image backup. Arconis is not the only one.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello gate1975mlm,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Unfortunately, we can't give you the exact date of the new build release but we assure you that it'll become available in the nearest future (1-2 weeks). We would be grateful if you waited a bit for it to be released.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

4. rjbsec

rjbsec Registered Member

The circumstances surrounding the release of Build 859 were disappointing to say the least but back with Build 826 everything is working fine for me and I have no wish at this stage to move to another inferior product.

5. Donprovo

Donprovo Registered Member

I hate these hit-and-run cheap-shot-takers who don't even have the balls to sign in under their own names!!!!!

6. SSK

SSK Registered Member

+1! :D

7. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

8. gate1975mlm

gate1975mlm Registered Member

Thank you for the info.

9. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Just imo, but since they found the problem and have a fix, I wonder why they don't just issue a patch instead of waiting until they are ready with a new build? I am especially curious since the faulty version of the program is still being offered for download without a tag that says "don't use the explorer in build 859".

This doesn't sound like a software issue to me, it sounds like a managment issue. It's just not in Acronis's interest to operate this way. It's not fair to the support staff either that get thrown down over the barbed wire while management tries to figure out what to do.

I like TrueImage; I like Acronis. But Acronis jsut isn't handling this situation wisely. This is probably one of the worse ways to handle a problem.

sh

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

I am glad to inform you that we managed to create the new build even earlier than we promised. Acronis True Image 8.0 (build 889) and Acronis True Image 8.0 Server (build 889) are now available at our site. The mounting option is fixed there, also it contains some other minor fixes.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.