Acronis True Image 8.0 build 771

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Acronis Support, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello All --

Today, we are releasing the new build that finally shall work properly with the famous Sil3112 controller. The build has some other fixes, but I believe the one, connected to Sil3112 is one of the most awaited fixes.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

2. foghorn

foghorn Registered Member

Would it possible to indicate the full list of fixes, so that we don't have to logon to the update server to find out.

Thanks.

3. Fedorov999

Fedorov999 Registered Member

Great news!

It's funny how it's a Catch22 situation though - like the infamous v7 build#619 that "worked" with Si3112 - yes... try the Boot CD, see if it shows you ONE RAID0 drive instead of the 2 physical drives.... you are then too scared to TEST a restore of your OS to prove 100% it works!!! :)

We just pray, should disaster then occur that Acronis did actually test many many restores to SI3112 Raid0 configs!!! :)

Look forward to trying the boot cd though!

Please inform us soon as download is available!

Fedorov

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello --

- Better hardware support (mostly about SATA support)
    - Scheduler fixes
    - Recovery console fixes

I understand that the information sounds too general, but it's hard for me to provide you with the detailed description of each fix, as it is not as easy as it seems.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

5. Fedorov999

Download links for new build?!!! :)

Edit: Ah on the acronis support pages now :)

Only build 771 released for Desktop version - will the server version follow today as I have same controller on server.

Thanks, Fedorov.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2004
  6. schmalho

schmalho Registered Member

Also interested in the new build for the server version. Do you know when the True Image Server for Windows product will be updated to build 771? I am having trouble with the "scheduler" and your note that there are scheduling fixes makes me hopeful this build will resolve these issues.

Thanks,
    Greg

7. joko

joko Registered Member

Hello,

for few days i have bought TI8
    yesterday i have restored my systempartition
    with the emergency-cd.
    and i have got the error message :
    Cannot read track 0 on harddisk 0
    Norton Diskdoctor found no errors
    and your previous version ti7 build 634 found
    no errors too
    Could you explain me the reason ?

Regards
    Friedhelm

I found it was a card reader without a card in.
    I have the same problem. Is The problem removed in the new version?

Regards Joko

8. Fedorov999

Anton, I think it may have been a better idea to at least let those of us who have problems logged with Acronis try this build before announcing Si3112 as it clearly does not work still on this build.

v7.0 Build 619 remains the only version that has ever worked :(

Thanks

Fedorov.

9. Tom_USA

Tom_USA Guest

What about fixing the problems with TI 7.0 first? Maybe releasing version 9.0 would also be a considerable step to get rid of these ongoing problems in "old" and "outdated" versions.

I have sent several e-mails to the Acronis "support" telling you that I am pissed off about having bought a TI 7.0 version some weeks before 8.0 was released, then not getting a free upgrade and on top of that you do not even want to fix the errors in the 7.0 version? What about the (written!) promises about fixing known errors in 7.0 (e.g. network support, mounting CD images over multiple CDs, corrupted backup images.... and so on)??

Guys, you are very close of being reported to the Better Business Bureau - not that it helps me but it may help other potential buyers understanding your "support" and sales policies.

10. Tsu

Tsu Registered Member

Hi Anton... I like your applications ( secifically TI and Image Easy ) and have not had any problems except for the scheduler not waking up my PC from sleep mode ( monitor and HD powered off and PC in Standby - XP Pro SP2 ) but hesitate to download and install your 771 upgrade. I suggest it is imperative that you have on your corporate web site a revision history from build to build. I can't accept that it is "not as easy as it seems". Your software delevopers working under may form of revision control and project management must know what bugs they are trying to fix before they start recoding. Your beta testers and QA must know what to test that failed in previous builds and to do some regressive testing to insure you have not reintroduced old bugs.

I cannot waste my time downloading and installing a new build in hopes that it fixes a known problem. "Scheduler Fixes" suggests more than one kind of scheduler problem was addressed. But which ones?

There is no knowledgebase and a very limted FAQ on your web. What if the solution to my problem was a simple as allowing powering off the monitor and HD was but not allowing the motherboad to go into standby. All I have to do is modify my power features. One setup for when the PC is on the wan ready to do incrimentally backup to the WAN and another for when it is undocked. All automatic once it is set.

Such a simple solution can't be found on your web, in the manual or in the FAQ. It would require a expensive ( for your help desk and me ) call or email to suppport.

The documentation must exist somewhere at Acronis on a project manager's desk.

A revision history from build to build is not an admission of bugs in your software by rather an indication of your responsiveness to your user's issues. It is, in my opinion, a positive feature to any web site that supports, promotes and sells software.

Take care...

11. foghorn

foghorn Registered Member

Tsu wrote:
    So very, very true. Your point is well made

12. mark100net

mark100net Registered Member

Why does the purchase link still go to the old build?

I purchased and downloaded the program and backed it up to CD only to have to go through the entire process again because it gave me the old build. Very frustrating.

13. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi,

I agree entirely. See my earlier post https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=249161#post249161. Sadly, our Acronis Moderator (Anton) didn't respond to it. :(

Regards

Last edited: Sep 20, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.