Acronis True Image 7,8,9

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RWL, Jun 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RWL

RWL Registered Member

I am thinking of upgrading to Acronis 9. I have archives and full backups
    from my V. 7 and v. 8. Will I be able to restore files and or full backups
    from the earlier versions. Main reason for upgrading is for the DVD support.
    Thanks.

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

If you still have your recovery CDs for the old versions you will have no problem booting from them to restore the relevant images. Version 9 can restore images from earlier builds but I am not sure if it compatable with much earlier versions and I have not tested it myself. Of course if you have a spare hard drive you could check it out for yourself in perfect safety.

Xpilot

3. DCM

DCM Registered Member

Try the trial version first . It is a fully operating version.

Also read all the postings about problems encountered by others before buying.

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

That is correct for ATI, itself.
    But the trial version created a not full functional Rescue CD.
    The backup program on the Rescue CD didn't work because it was a trial version. The restore program on the Rescue CD however, worked fine.

5. RWL

RWL Registered Member

Thank all of you for replying. I have had problems with both V. 7 & 8 and after reading some of the horror stories about V 9, I think I will wait for the product to mature some more. :mad:

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello RWL,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Yes, Acronis True Image 9.0 Home can restore the images created by Acronis True Image 7.0 and Acronis True Image 8.0.

As it was advised above, please download Acronis True Image 9.0 trial version at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/download/trueimage/ in order to check how the product works.

Please find the detailed information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 Home in the respective User's Guide.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase Acronis True Image 9.0 Home Upgrade .

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.