Acronis True Image 2016 *painfully* slow to mount backup as drive letter

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by mastabog, Feb 20, 2016.

1. mastabog

mastabog Registered Member

Acronis True Image 2016, build 6027, on Windows 8.1 Pro x64, on a Core i7-3770K @ 5.0 GHz. Backup
    disk is a 2TB hdd (spin disk).

I have a 150 GB backup .tib on it which was made using medium compression and contains 3 partitions (16+64+350 GB). Mounting the 350GB partition inside it as a drive letter takes almost 15 minutes all the while thrashing the backup disk. It looks like it reads the whole file before mounting (why?) since I can see the process reading from the hdd at about 80 MB/s using Process Hacker.

I made a backup using Macrium Reflect of the exact same partitions and placed the backup on the same hdd. Macrium Reflect mounts it as a drive letter in 1 second. Same with AX64 Flashback. So the problem is with Acronis, not with my disks or system.

Any clues? Anyone else experiencing this? Can anything be done?

EDIT: Interestingly, if I double click the .tib then I can get into it and to the partitions almost instantly (1 second). I need to mount it as a letter as I'm using other tools to read from the backup ... I can't use the explorer-like interface that opens when I double click the .tib.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.