Acronis True Image 11 Home and Vista 64bit

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by supercell, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supercell

supercell Registered Member

Hello. Looking in to purchasing Acronis True Image 11 Home. Currently have a RAID1 (hardware RAID), setup running Vista 64bit on two terabyte HDD's. Will ATI 11 Home work with 64bit? I simply would like to make an image of this setup I currently have. Acronis only mentions "Vista", but does not show which version (32bit or 64bit). Does it matter?

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

REgardless whether ATI11 works on Vista64, the key will be if the bootCD will see your drives and read/write them so that you can perform a restore. You can take the website's word for it, you have to go theorugh the motions of a restore to know for usre. The boot Cd works under linux and uses linux drivers, such as they are.

Having RAID isn't particularly an issue, however, ATI11 (build 8053) isn't able to deal with some Intel chipset sets and some mobos.

In the event that the ATI bootCD doesn't see or read/write all of yur drives, you can build a VistaPE Boot Disk--search this forum for "free guide vistape"

3. supercell

Thank you. I have an ASUS board with dual AMD QUAD FX's. Shouldn't be an issue.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello supercell,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Acronis True Image 11 Home does support all editions of Windows Vista.

We recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 11 Home to see how the software works on your computer. With the trial version of the product you will be able to fully use the Windows version for 15 days. The bootable rescue media will be limited to restore function.

You can find detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 11 Home in the respective User's Guide.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. supercell

Thank you. I was able to clone my Vista 64bit with True Image 11 Home (trial verison), but not able to figure out how to simply make an image file of the OS. I made the boot CD and thought that I could do it there, but couldn't find where I could go to do this! Please inform me on how this is done. This will be the deciding factor on whether or not I will purchase Acronis T.I 11 Home.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello supercell,

Please notice that Acronis Bootable Rescue Media of the trial version of Acronis True Image 11 Home is limited to restore function only. You can create an image of your hard drive using Windows installation of the program. Please see chapter 5 "Creating backup archives" of Acronis True Image 11 Home User's Guide for detailed instructions.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.