Acronis True Image 10 Personal Edition Free DL for a limited time

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Boost, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boost

Boost Registered Member

2. renegade08

renegade08 Registered Member

Thanks Man !!!!

I will try to download, although i can't get to load the page.

3. Gianni

Gianni Registered Member

Is there a difference between v10 personal and v10 TI Home?

TBH I never heard of a 'personal' version of True Image before this...o_O

4. accessalternative

accessalternative Registered Member

Anybody has gotten their email already? My registration went smoothly, but no mail yet after an hour...?

5. Boost

Boost Registered Member

I had to wait awhile myself,seems their site is being bombarded with people tryin to download it.

6. accessalternative

Server response is quite slow, probably due to high traffic. I failed several times, but then tried again instructing Opera to load pages without images, accelerating speed, which worked right away...

7. accessalternative

Is this version of TI gonna work on Vista? I have a laptop I never managed to bckup/restore using Drive Snapshot as I did on XP...

8. renegade08

Operating Systems Acronis True Image Products Support

http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/kb/topics/Products/cid/101/articles/453/

Windows XP SP 3 is not supported !

9. Boost

Boost Registered Member

10. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

Thanks for the info.. :)

11. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

When you're sent the confirmation link, and receive the password, login to access your products, and download the personal edition.

Boost, just a thought, maybe the documentation hasn't been updated. eg should Vista SP1 be listed as well?

Edit: See https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=231776 . You might have to install and see if it works with your system.

12. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Possible, I know there's a guy from Acronis that posts here on Wilder's as well,not sure what his name is at the moment though,he might be able to answer that.

13. accessalternative

Guys, I finally received the password and product key all right, but I can't find anywhere the download link to TI10!!??

14. renegade08

Just some update.

ATI 10 will work under Vista.

But Vista SP1 is not supported !

15. accessalternative

Did you find the download link on their website once you're logged in? I can't see it.

EDIT: OK, I finally saw the link to 'my registered products'. Sorry guys.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  16. rpsgc

rpsgc Registered Member

When I click the verification e-mail

:(

17. Adric

Adric Registered Member

Same thing for me too. Two days so far. I guess they can keep their SW. I tend to collect stuff like this for a rainy day. I still have V7 when it went free, but never used it, so I will probably not miss this one either.

Msgs from Seamonkey as well as IE7

Some errors were encountered

Check the following:

* We are very sorry but service is unavailable now. Please try again later.

Al

18. RAD

RAD Registered Member

So Acronis wants to freeze more computers and scramble even more computer harddrives ....but now for free ?

What's up with that ?

19. accessalternative

Hi guys... What experiences did you have using Acronis True Image 10?

I personally was interested in this product because I couldn't backup/restore a Vista partition using Drive Snapshot, mainly because the BartPe cd to use for recovery generated an error message when used on the Vista computer.

So I tried TI10. It did install without problem on Vista, and I could create an image all right, but that image was way bigger than the space that was used by the OS on the C:partition, and it took a long time to get done.

Generating the restore cd was easy, but the HP Pavillon Laptop refused to boot on the cd. Error messages, 'could not boot on cd' and so on. So no luck :(

I finally managed to do the backup/restore of Vista on the laptop using.... Nero's BackItUp rescue cd. BTW I was surprised to see that cd is based on Linux yeah, no kidding. Backup and restore went smoothly, and fast. Surprise.

Cheers

20. accessalternative

I mean "cheers, and good luck with ATI10"... :)

21. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

If you search through wilders TI site https://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65 they all claim that TI10 was the last stable version of TI.
    When I make an image of my Vista machine (using TI 11) I also got a larger image then I could see on the HHD, ( compressed) this is because of the "hidden" files in vista. Vista saves 15% of the HHD for System Restore this can get quite large over time. Before making an Image I turn off system restore to zero it. I have set system restore to use only 1 gig of space in shadowstorage in case I forget to zero it.
    Unfortunately I missed TI 10 and updated from TI 9 to TI 11, so I can not vouch for the stability of it.

I would think that they are the same but, who knows?

22. accessalternative

I did not know that. Thanks for explanations.

23. Manide

Manide Registered Member

Just installed, but didn't find any differential/incremental backup option (even after a full backup creation). Also, no BartPE plugin... Did I missed something?

24. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

You're welcome!

Maybe that's the differenc between home and Personal.
    You can get a plugin from "Mustang's" site
    http://www.mechrest.com/plugins/

Also interesting see this thread https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=232398

25. renegade08

Here is some what is posted on other places from people that have installed ATI 10.

I hope this will clarify some things.

This is for people that are using older machines. Maybe it will work for newer PC's, but who knows??
    They are giving these free product in hope that some of the people with upgrade.

There is some marketing here, but still it's up to each person to decide.

I kept wondering why they aren't doing such steps. Now seems they realized that some "giveaway" is not so bad. Especially on older software that nobody will buy it.

They (Acronis) obviously saw that competition is doing the same and they are just the last one to do this.

Macrium is giving full free version. O&O have DiskImage Express, Paragon have their Drive Backup 9.0 Express, and also occasionally SE versions.

Not to mention Ashampoo, that is giving full versions for free, although their software is for different purpose.

So i think and i espect that Acronis will continue with this kind of practice to gain more confidence and customers.

Maybe knowing that ATI 2009 has too many problems for some of the users is one of the reasons for this step.

BTW it is still good solution for those who want to use it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.