Acronis True Image 10 Does not restore from Secure Zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Peter Ost, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Ost

Peter Ost Registered Member

Acronis True Image 10 does not restore from Secure Zone
    Files attached as advised

Attached Files:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Peter Ost,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build, which is available here. To get access to updates you should first register Acronis software.

Unfortunately, provided logs do not reveal the cause of this situation. Could you please provide us with the exact sequence of actions that lead to the issue you report, so that we can reproduce it?

Could you please send us the log with the error?

- Start Acronis True Image Home;
    - Select Tools -> Show log;
    - Choose the log entry which contains errors;
    - Click on the diskette icon, choose the location (folder) and save there;
    - Attach the log to this thread

We are looking forward to hearing back from you at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Nikolsky

3. Peter Ost

Hello Alexander,
    Thank you for the quick reply.
    FYI I have used Acronis successfully with my "own" secure zone" and everything worked OK.
    For some unmknown reason I decided to use the Acronis Secure Zone after getting a new hard disk after which I could not restore.
    I am using a German language version and I assume the log files you mention are those attached. These are 2 from several failed attempts.
    I have the latest version
    Regards
    Peter Ost

Attached Files:

4. Acronis Support

Hello Peter,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

I may recommend you to create Acronis Booting Rescue Media in order to get access to your backup archive in Acronis Secure Zone and to perform the recovery operations under it.

You can find out on how to create Acronis Booting Rescue Media on our web site in User Guide for Acronis True Image 10.0 Home here (chapter 10)

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

5. Peter Ost

Thank for the suggestion. It worked.
    Does that mean that my Acronis is not in order and should I delete and reinstall ?
    Regards
    Peter Ost

6. Acronis Support

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your feedback.

You can try to re-install the program, but I doubt that this will help. The issue probably is related to the outdated version of Acronis True Image. You have changed the hard disk, and it seems that the necessary drivers were not implemented for the appropriate recovery environment of this version.

Since Acronis Booting Rescue Media works flawless for you, you shouldn't worry about the possibility to recover the archive in the case of need.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.