Acronis True Image 10 (4871) Clone Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dedrummond, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dedrummond

dedrummond Registered Member

Replaced drive D, with new 320GB (serial) hard disk. Cloned drive C (250GB) to new 320GB drive (D). Upon completion of cloning, moved 320GB (D) to C, and placed orginal disk back in drive D. Rebooted system and found drive D (the drive removed from the system before cloning) was not accesssible. Formatted drive D, and checked with Western Digital data lifeguard tools and found no defects, however, the drive still is not accessible. The drive was accessible before cloning.

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

If I'm understanding this there are actually 3 drives: the 250, the 320 and a third one that was in the D location. That is weird that the third drive is not showing up, unless it's file system is NTFS and the 320 drive is FAT32.

What happens if you boot off the 250, would the third drive show up?

3. dedrummond

The cloned disk, new 320GB, installed as Drive C, no problems. The orginal 250GB, that was drive in C, cloned to the 320GB (now Drive C), was removed from system. The 250GB hard drive, removed when the 320GB was cloned, was replaced as drive D...the 320GB is now drive C....The 250GB, back as Drive D...it is a mystry. I can check the disk, run WD tests, etc. but can not access the hard disk...no assigned drive letter. Since, the 320GB, is working, as far as I can determine, I do not want to sub the orginal 250GB back as drive C.

4. jc836

jc836 Registered Member

I wonder if the old 250 was/is a SATA or and IDE drive. Also, are you able to format it using Acronis to be a NTFS drive. Make sure the jumpers are properly set and you have a good cable. This is sometimes overlooked and can cause odd behavior. Hope it helps you.

5. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Really weird ... try cloning back the 320 to the 250, using the bootable Rescue CD.

6. dedrummond

Problem solved... able to reassign "D" back to drive D. Thanks for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.