Acronis True Image 10.0 just released

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hardhead, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hardhead

hardhead Registered Member

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/

please move if posted in wrong forum. ;)

2. Carver

Carver Registered Member

It is not listed under my account yet as the latest, 3677 is.

3. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Since it's a new VERSION ($$) and not an update, I don't think it will show up in your account info, will it?

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I payed for 1 year of updates, 10 just happens to be released after 3677 and it is within the 1 year.

5. como

como Registered Member

Who’s going to be the first guinea pig?

6. Keith Weisshar

Keith Weisshar Registered Member

I only purchased True Image 9.0 Home four days ago on 10/13/06 which is last Friday from NewEgg in download format and 10.0 just came out today. My Acronis account only has True Image 9.0 Home.

7. microbob

microbob Registered Member

I also Purchased TI9 Home 10/12/06 and have not been notified of an upgrade to 10.0 as of yet. I guess we'll have to wait.

8. mangray

mangray Registered Member

Hi

This version is out for to weeks for german and its works fine!

Acronis True Image 10.0 Home 4850

nice day
    mangray

9. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

I think TheWeaz is right ... it is not an update or upgrade, but a new version. In other words you have to pay for it even if you just bought ver 9.

10. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I wonder if we will get any notification that Version 9 is now frozen at Build 3677. This would appear to be the case seeing that there was nothing further issued for version 8 when version 9 came out.

As I read the situation if someone has kit for which TI has no Linux drivers now that is how things will remain unless they have the expertise to create a Bart PE environment or pay up for Version 10.

AFAIK it takes a new build before it is possible to create a rescue CD with additional drivers. Because of the way I use my system I don't need any new drivers but I bet there are many that do. So are we going to be told that support for builds earlier than Version 10 is being withdrawn or will support be available to upgrade poorly performing or absent drivers within Version 9 for some time into the future ?

Xpilot

11. Mem

Mem Registered Member

I'm not sure that is what will happen. I bought version 8 and four days later version 9 came out. Acronis let users that purchased in the 30 days prior to the new version to move up to the new version without charge. We just need to wait and see what Acronis does this time.....

12. Keith Weisshar

Acronis said that if a new version is released within 30 days i'm eligible for a free upgrade.

13. FBMachines

FBMachines Registered Member

If you have purchased maintenance and you are within the year you will receive all updates and upgrades for free. Here is a paragraph copied from the maintenance description.....

14. Keith Weisshar

The maintenance is only for corporate customers running True Image Workstation. It's not for home users.

15. lugnut

lugnut Registered Member

there's an upgrade showing on the site for 29.99

16. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Same situation here, I didn't see any ATI v10.0 either in my personal account, just Acronis True Image Home v9.0 build 3677, but I received an email with the prices.

17. Mem

Mem Registered Member

I didn't see a maintenance agreement for the Home product but this is probably not what you want to see from the Acronis Support Page:

"Updates provide recent enhancements and minor fixes to Acronis products (i.e. moving from 8.0 build 3518 to 8.0 build 3519). To obtain the latest Acronis update, please go to the Products Updates page. Updates are available free of charge.

If you have an older version of the product, but want to upgrade to a new version of an Acronis product (i.e. moving from version 8.0 to version 9.0), then you need to purchase an upgrade."

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

18. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

New user manual for v10.

http://download.acronis.com/pdf/TrueImage10.0_ug.en.pdf

addendum:
    Some excerpts from the user manual:

1.3.2 Supported operating systems
    • Windows® 2000 Professional SP 4
    • Windows® XP SP 2
    • Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

1.3.4 Supported storage media
    • Hard disk drives
    • Networked storage devices
    • FTP servers*
    • CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R (including double-layer DVD+R), DVD+RW, DVD-RAM**
    • USB 1.0 / 2.0, FireWire (IEEE-1394) and PC card storage devices
    • Floppy disks, ZIP®, Jaz® and other removable media

2.4 Upgrading Acronis True Image Home
    If you already have Acronis True Image Home installed, the new version will simply update it, there is no need to remove the old version and reinstall the software.

5.1 What data to backup?
    If you are not concerned about restoration of your operating system along with all settings and applications, but plan to keep safe only certain data (the current project, for example), choose file-level backup. This will reduce the archive size, thus saving disk space and possibly reducing removable media costs.

Backing up the entire system disk (creating a disk image) takes more disk space but enables you to restore the system in minutes in case of severe data damage or hardware failure. Moreover, the imaging procedure is much faster than copying files, and may significantly speed the backup process when it comes to backing up large volumes of data (see details in 3.1 The difference between file archives and disk/partition images).
    Acronis True Image Home offers you backup of the following data categories:
    My Computer (image backup of any set of disks/partitions)
    My Data (file-level backup of any set of files and folders or an entire file category)
    My Application Settings (file-level backup of Windows applications settings)
    My Email (file-level backup of MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express settings and messages).

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  19. Tech1

Tech1 Registered Member

I would prefer that version 9 was a "solid" product like version 8,0,0,937 is before they released another full version. Just my .02

20. ErikAlbert

Thanks for the info, not that it surprises me.
    I always take full backups, so I don't see any advantages in ATI v10.0, just more gadgets.
    I have to meditate in trance about this. :)

21. Jbmoar

Jbmoar Registered Member

Not too sure If I Will upgrade yet or at all as the only part Of true Image I Use is the Rescue CD To do backups and restores and from what I've read is, Windows vista will have the NTFS File system which supports the rescue CD Format, True image 8.0.937 seems to be the Most stable, True image 9 still needs work done which will never be fixed since version 10 is now released and now The Program size is over 100mb and using dial-up that is too large for me,I May keep using true image 8 until it won't work anymore because of non-supported hardware etc. I've also read that Windows Vista will have A Imaging program, time will tell for now though as Version 10 of true is mostly just more bells & whistles

22. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

Version 11 will be released as soon as you guys report all the unfixable bugs for version 10. Of course, Acronis will first apologize for their delayed response and tell you they reported your problem to their "development team". o_O o_O :isay:

23. br1229

br1229 Registered Member

Instead of fixing what's wrong with ver. 9, they take all the bug reports and release a new version which, (big surprise here), requires us to shell out a little more money. Makes you wonder If it is worth the effort.

I upgraded from ver. 8 to ver. 9 based on their claims of adding support for burning to DVD. We all know of the problems they had with that. Is that going to be ironed out in ver 10? I don't think I am willing to find out.

br1229

24. ErikAlbert

You got that right. Remove the old bugs first and then start something new.

25. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Hi ErikAlbert,

It will never catch on. :D
    I have the scars from V1 V7,V8 and V9. I don't see anything about their development and marketing philosophy changing anytime soon :oops:

F.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.