Acronis TID Rescue Boot Disk Not Working

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by PaulB2005, Apr 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

Hi,

I am using a copy of Acronis TrueImage Deluxe that was given away with PC Advisor magazine. I registered some time ago but have only just started using the program.

I installed the software, created a Rescue Boot CD and made an image of my first hard drive onto my second hard drive. I then went to test the Rescue Boot CD. The PC rebooted and found the CD, showed the Acronis Splash Screen and then the screen went black and my CAPS and SCROLL light on my keyboard flashed over and over until I rebooted.

I have tried 3 new Sony 700Mb CD-R's and it's the same with all 3.

What could be the reason for this?

2. ncemeadows

ncemeadows Registered Member

3. PaulB2005

Cheers but this is

Acronis TrueImage Deluxe version 1.0 (build 57)

Now i know this is mega old but it was given away recently on a magazine cover disk. A friend of mine has no problems with his copy. Just me.

Addition:
    Interestingly i have just tried the trial version of DI8 and the boot CD created using that works fine. In fact the image creation is 3x faster and i see it supports incremental images.

Could it be becuase i am used SATA Drives? Do the older versions support SATA?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2005
  4. IanC

IanC Guest

I am trying to use the "Personal" version given away this month with PCW magazine. I have the same problem with the boot disk.

Also it doesn't appear to support incremental images.

I'm not against buying the full version, but I'm not sure whether these are restrictions with the "Personal" version or just problems!

5. como

como Registered Member

The latest version of TrueImage is 8 so version 1.0 must be very old.

You can download a Trial version of 8 which should be the latest build 826 from the Acronis website.

6. PaulB2005

Yeah i've got the trial. However i would have liked one go at a restore before buying just so i can be sure 100% everything is ok.

7. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Paul - I can not make any gaurantees, but if you can go through the whole process of selecting an image for restore, selecting the destination, etc, etc, and the only missing part is an "Proceed..." button that works in the Trial version, then you will have no problems doing a real restore in the registered version.

8. IanC

IanC Guest

I spoke too soon, my boot disk does work, I was too impatient; but doesn't it take a long time to boot with no disk activity or suchlike?

Ian

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Paul,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We regret to inform you that Acronis True Image Deluxe doesn't support SATA drives because it is really old version. You may purchase an upgrade to Acronis True Image 8.0 since you already have older version. Please visit our Purchase Upgrade Page. Please note that you will need the serial number for Acronis True Image Deluxe along with the serial number for the upgrade to install Acronis True Image 8.0.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

10. Acronis Support

Hello Ian,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We regret to inform you that Acronis True Image Personal doesn't support incremental images. Please download free trial version of Acronis True Image 8.0 from our site and if everything works fine you may purchase the upgrade at our Purchase Upgrade Page.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

11. PaulB2005

Even though that copy was a free copy given away on a magazine cover disk?

12. Acronis Support

Hello Paul,

The copy in the magazine is Personal version. It has limited functionality but it allows you to upgrade to the latest version.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

13. PaulB2005

Smashing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.