Acronis TI2014

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by routerguy99, Jul 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. routerguy99

routerguy99 Registered Member

2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

No they'll be punished with free copies of Acronis, the most unreliable backup software commercially available. :ninja:

Sorry, but every backup I created with the 2013 version is being called corrupt by the program and I just had to reinstall every pace of software on my laptop because of that. :thumbd:

3. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I had the same problem a few years ago where I was unable to restore an image made with Acronis due to an error. There was no option to ignore the error and continue. The image was stored on an external hard drive which had no errors, and accordingly there was no reason for the image to be corrupted. I also had the exact same problem with imaging software from Paragon.

I do own True Image 2013, which I purchased for cloning a hard drive with multiple partitions to a smaller SSD, and the Acronis rescue CD did the job just fine. I usually Windows 7 itself to create images though.

4. MarcP

MarcP Registered Member

I tried to go all out with Acronis when TI2012 was the latest. I had their Sync feature working and had an account with Online Backup.

The Sync feature actually destroyed files with no way to recover other than from a backup. They had a very nasty reproducible bug that they spent months ignoring despite the reports on the forums. Patches take months to come them unlike the frequently updated Macrium.

As for the Online Backup, my files suddenly disappeared overnight from their servers and TI2012 wanted to re-upload the whole 40GB again. All support tickets went unanswered. Asking on the forums went unanswered while the Acronis reps were participating in other threads. The service just resetted on me 8 months into a 1 year subscription.

Then TI2012 started screwing with my system with the filter drivers.

Never again. That company will never get any good words of mouth from me. They don't deserve to be in this business.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  5. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

They need to learn that if it's not Broken then don't fix it! Also newer is not always better! I tend to not use products that come out with a new version each years like 2012, 2013, 2014, etc..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.