Acronis TI + Universal Restore => VMware

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by THHF, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THHF

THHF Registered Member

Hello,

I want to restore a Acronis image into a VM.

I have a problem with the restore process. I can boot with the ISO in a VM but then I can´t select the physical hard drive with the image.

What can I do?

Thanks

Regards
    Thorsten

2. mustang

mustang Developer

You should use a BartPE ISO to boot the VM. You should include my VMWare tools plugin and my TI9 plugin in your BartPE build. You will then be able to see the physical hard dirve by using folder sharing when you set up the VM. Just share the root of the physical hard drive and you will be able to see the entire drive.

My TI9 plugins include the Universal Restore feature. Just be aware the Windows version of Universal Restore is not working as well as the Linux version for later builds. This is a problem with how Acronis has written the programs. There is nothing I can do to fix it in my plugin.

See my website for the plugins.

3. dobbelina

dobbelina Registered Member

I always create a "NAT",(Network Adress Translation) for the network settings in VMware.
    Then simply make a "shared folder" in your guest operating system.
    You can then easily copy files back and fourth between your os'es.
    Acronis CD's can access this network to.
    If you're gonna image a foreign system into VMWare, make sure your Acronis CD has access to the VMWare SCSI driver, as UR is going to need it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.