Acronis TI starts past-due tasks at system startup even though told not to

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mmo, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmo

mmo Registered Member

I have defined a nightly backup task and I have explicitly UNCHECKED the check-box to start the task at system startup, when that task failed before or has missed its scheduled time.

The aim of this setup is: run a backup during over night, if I leave the computer running in the evening. If I turn it off, don't bother and specifically: do NOT start that task at system startup!

However, every time I reboot in the morning Acronis starts that past-due backup task and I regularly have to abort this task manually. Can't one tell TI to not bother, if it has passed a scheduled task's execution time?

This is TI Home 2009 on Win XP (SP3+).

Michael

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Michael,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

First of all, please make sure that you are using the latest build of Acronis True Image Home 2009 (build #9796). If the build number differs from the latest one, please download and install the latest build. You can learn more on how to download the latest build here

Also, please download Acronis Scheduler, which is a special utility to update the scheduler service. The link is available here

Extract the downloaded file, run install.bat and wait for the process to be completed. The utility will automatically update the service. Reboot the computer and recreate the task. The issue should be resolved.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. mmo

mmo Registered Member

Hello and thanks for the updates. I indeed still had an earlier build (95xx) installed.

However, the issue, alas, is not resolved or at least only partially:

The tasks now don't start at system startup any more, but if I have my system sent just into standby (instead of powering down) and then I wake it up the next morning, that backup tasks still starts.

I guess, what I really want/need is, that the backup ONLY starts if the system is RUNNING at the scheduled time. If it's powered down or hibernated or suspended at that time, then it SHOULD NOT start (or at least ask the user, whether it should start) that overdue task after waking up again.

Michael

4. Acronis Support

Hello Michael,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image Home 2009!

Please follow the instructions from our Public Knowledge Base article:
    1859: Acronis Scheduler Manager
    Probably there is a "ghost" task, lost by the program, that is still executed according to its schedule. You have to delete all scheduled tasks and then recreate them.

Thank you.
    Daniel Pustovoy

5. mmo

mmo Registered Member

I did as instructed. There were indeed a couple of more entries in the list. So I deleted them all and recreated a single scheduled task to start a backup at 1:30 AM (i.e. during night). My List now looks as follows:

Code:
    C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome>"C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\schedmgr.exe"
    inst=yes start=yes loc task=0-0 > get list
     Id ExecApp ExecCmd
    --- ---------------
    CurUser 1 (SEMENTINA\mmo):
      1-1   *TrueImageHomeNotify* /dummy /script:"43E6737F-AD71-4B7B-A305-4A8DFC61F05F" /uuid:"43E6737F-AD71-4B7B-A305-4A8DFC61F05F" /Ru
    nCount:?RunCounter?
      1-2   C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TrueImageMonitor.exe /shutup
    inst=yes start=yes loc task=0-0 >
    However, I still have the effect, that this task starts each time if I wakeup the system the first time that day from suspend/standby.

I do not want that backup to start, if the system has not been running at the specified time. Why is that so hard to achieve with TI 2009o_O?

Michael

6. Acronis Support

Hello Michael,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Could you please attach to your next post the script of the scheduled task? It is located at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts and has the .tib.tis extension. Copy the file to your desktop and rename the file, it should have the .txt extension.

You can select the necessary script taking into the consideration the date of its creation.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

7. mmo

mmo Registered Member

Script attached as requested.
    Michael

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.