Acronis TI is wonderful

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Gear, Sep 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gear

Gear Guest

I decided a disk image was the most convenient form of backup and opted for TI8 which is now installed on my computer. I have 2 internal disks 120gb [c] and 60gb [d] which is used for backup purposes. I make only full images, deleting the old one after verifying the new one. I have never had any warnings or problems when imaging, verifying or testing with the boot disk up to the proceed point but still hoping I would'nt have to use it especially after reading the problems posted in this forum. Today I had a problem with my computer after installing the latest driver from ATI [multimedia centre ver.9.2]. None of the ATI mmc aplications worked [tv etc.]. All I got was various warning messages. All the usual methods to repair this were unsuccessful including system restore. Foreseeing days [or longer] of emails back and forth with ATI support perhaps never resolving the problem I decided to 'bite the bullet' and go for an Acronis image restore. I rebooted with the boot disk, crossed my fingers, clicked PROCEED, closed my eyes and minutes later after Acronis informing me the restore was successful I rebooted to find my computer was EXACTLY as it was when I imaged it a couple of days ago with everything working perfectly. WONDERFUL. Worked like a charm.

PS. I did have a problem a few weeks ago with secure zone. I found for some reason I couldn't resize it so I decided to remove it but am left with 5 gb of unallocated space on D drive but I think this can be reclaimed quite easily. I dont use secure zone now incase it happens again. Apart from that I am 100% confident in Acronis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.