Acronis TI is wonderful

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Gear, Sep 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gear

Gear Guest

I decided a disk image was the most convenient form of backup and opted for TI8 which is now installed on my computer. I have 2 internal disks 120gb [c] and 60gb [d] which is used for backup purposes. I make only full images, deleting the old one after verifying the new one. I have never had any warnings or problems when imaging, verifying or testing with the boot disk up to the proceed point but still hoping I would'nt have to use it especially after reading the problems posted in this forum. Today I had a problem with my computer after installing the latest driver from ATI [multimedia centre ver.9.2]. None of the ATI mmc aplications worked [tv etc.]. All I got was various warning messages. All the usual methods to repair this were unsuccessful including system restore. Foreseeing days [or longer] of emails back and forth with ATI support perhaps never resolving the problem I decided to 'bite the bullet' and go for an Acronis image restore. I rebooted with the boot disk, crossed my fingers, clicked PROCEED, closed my eyes and minutes later after Acronis informing me the restore was successful I rebooted to find my computer was EXACTLY as it was when I imaged it a couple of days ago with everything working perfectly. WONDERFUL. Worked like a charm.

PS. I did have a problem a few weeks ago with secure zone. I found for some reason I couldn't resize it so I decided to remove it but am left with 5 gb of unallocated space on D drive but I think this can be reclaimed quite easily. I dont use secure zone now incase it happens again. Apart from that I am 100% confident in Acronis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.