Acronis TI Home 09 Outlook Restore Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by doubletee, May 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doubletee

doubletee Registered Member

Hi All,

I have a client who has been having some issues with the 09 version of TI Home with the outlook backups.

I have read the forums and found that there have been problems with acronis deleting the pst file after doing a scheduled backup, which had been happening in this case.

Now when i am trying to restore from a backup a week ago i select the personal folders that i want, follow the prompts and select restore. Once i select restore the box that shows how much it has done quickly pops up and then it says restore complete - though after checking it the restore didnt work as no new files have been created or added to the existing pst.

I have tried restoring on 3 different computers with all different versions of Outlook on them (2000, 2003 & 2007).

I have run the verify over the backup and that says it completes successfully without any errors??

I have tried to run it from the external drive it is on and from the local drive.

The computer is running win xp.

Any help would be great.
    Cheers

2. doubletee

forced to bump

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Mount the backup and copy the outlook.pst file out to the desktop or a flash drive. Manually copy it over the existing .pst file.

4. doubletee

Thank you - the error i am getting when i try that is: "specified archive cannot be mounted since contains no partitions"

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

doubletee,

What kind of backup did you perform a week ago? Was it a partition backup, My data backup or My e-mail backup?

What is the build number of your Acronis software? You can check it navigating mouse cursor to upper line of the program then press ALT + left mouse button -> Help -> About

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

6. doubletee

Hi Oleg,

I did an email backup.

Unfortunately i am not sure what the build number is as i only have the clients external backup drive with me and not the computer.

If it is definately needed i can chase that up if it helps.

Cheers

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello doubletee,

Thank you for your response.

Could you please create a screen shot of the appropriate program window when you select the personal folders that you want to restore? Please attach the screen shot to your post.

If you are not familiar with making screen shots, please read the below step-by-step instructions.

- Get to the window which you want to make a screen shot of;
    - Hit the (Alt+)PrintScreen button on your keyboard;
    - Run Paint usually available in Start\Programs\Accessories or another graphics application;
    - Choose Paste command in Edit menu;
    - Save the result picture in JPEG format being preferable.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.