Acronis TI Echo Server Windows: Tape Problem (ultrium)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by unixvsnt, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unixvsnt

unixvsnt Registered Member

Like a title i have problem to see in destination path my Ultrium 448 HP Surestore internal SCSI backup unit when i ask to decide where place my full backup... an1 have my identintical problem??... Remark for all 2007 i have used TI 9.1 Server for Windows with any problem with my Ultrium Tape.... Now i have upgraded and the unit dissapeared from list of possible backup destination.... I try to change tape cassettes, restart my server, reschedule jobs, re-make jobs.... nothing!!!! Please help me!o_O o_O o_O

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Are you using the English version of Echo or a German one?

What MS OS are you using?

Is this from Windows that the tape drive disappears or from the rescue CD?

Colin

3. unixvsnt

English Versione of Echo Server.

Microsoft Windows 2003 Server (italian version)

It's disappeard from Windows.... when i try to select destination for a jobs on scheduling.... i have FTP,DISK,ecc.... but not Tape.... why?

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

If you've installed the management console, does it make any difference scheduling via this?

It sounds like a Echo is not able to see the tape driver.

Colin

5. unixvsnt

Managmente console are not present on normal version of TI (only Enterprise) ... and i try on 4 different system with Ultrium 1 or 2 tape.... anyone see ... (1 see for a time and when re-boot not see...) Please Acronis support??!

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello unixvsnt,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you have the latest drivers for the tape device installed.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Please download this archive;
    - Unpack the archive to C:\ ;
    - Start the command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd);
    - Run the following command:

c:\tapes.exe > c:\tapes.txt

Please also create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  7. unixvsnt

:oops: :oops: I have running utility but problem persist!!! ... It's have created a file with this contents:

Found tape \\.\tape0

Nothing all......

Please tell me right solution... I have others 3 my (and your) customers with identical problem.... I suspect the responsable of this problem my ITALIAN version of Windows 2003 server (i have identical problem with SBS2003 Italian Version).... I try with others tapes drives (Ultrimum 1 from Quantum) and have identical problem.... The tape in question have last drive and firmware and go successful all HP TEST.... Please Acronis Support help me....

Or beacuse my tape are NEW not formatted... it's possible to format NEW TAPE with a command / utility?!??!!?

:gack: :gack: :gack: :gack:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2008
  8. Thamuz

Thamuz Registered Member

Install the Backup Server. After you install the Backup Server you should see the tape option when you schedule a backup.

9. unixvsnt

!!??!?! I not see TAPE on list of "destinations" .... i'm not able to set any options..... :( :( :doubt: :doubt: :doubt:

10. Thamuz

Thamuz Registered Member

Do you have Backup Server installed?

11. unixvsnt

What's!!! I Have normal version of Echo Server for Windows not Enterprise............!?!?!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

12. Thamuz

Thamuz Registered Member

Oh...Sorry about that I misunderstood.

13. unixvsnt

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Where is Acronis Supporto_Oo_O??:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

PS: I suspect that problem are conducted that the tapes are new and if tapes are new (not initilized) acronis software not see tape ultrium hardware at all!??!! Sorry but have a command to format/initialize tapes!??!?!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  14. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello unixvsnt,

Normally, the tapes would be formatted automatically after user confirmation (unless disabled in options).
    Please follow further instructions in my previous post, create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post, and then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.