Acronis TI Dos

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by p8ntballgod, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p8ntballgod

p8ntballgod Registered Member

heres my issue, im using acronistrueimageDOS.exe booting into a dos enviroment to restore images of laptops. Im doing all of this off a external hard drive 80GB, the boot partition is 2 gb to comply with the fat16 limit. The rest is formatted in fat32, all works perfectly this way BUT all my images are over 4GB which isnt allowed with FAT32 so i had to split the image. Is there a way to use NTFS on the large partiton so i dont have this limitation? I know that the acronis wont read the NTFS partition as i hae tried it, it cant find the partition at all. The reason im doing this is i have multiple images on the drive and using a DOS menu to choose which model laptop im on so i can restore the right image to it. Just one click and the batch executes the script.

Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello p8ntballgod,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

What is the exact version of Acronis program you use? What do mean by acronistrueimageDOS.exe?

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. p8ntballgod

Its Echo Server build 8115, sorry i meant trueimagecmd.exe, the CLI version of trueimage

4. p8ntballgod

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello p8ntballgod,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

NTFS file system shouldn't cause the problem, it should be accessible in any case.

Please download and install the latest build of the program (build #8203).

Also, please read Chapter 15. Command-line mode and scripting available in User Guide for Acronis True Image Echo Server for Windows available here

Also, pay attention to Chapter 15.1.4 Trueimagecmd.exe usage examples (part 2)

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.