Acronis TI developers - stand up please

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Technic, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shieber

shieber Registered Member

And you're still here? Now, that's loyalty, or dedication, at least. ;-)

2. Hannes

Hannes Registered Member

At the moment, my "workflow" is like this:
    Write Image with 9.0 b2271, that works (under Win XP)
    If there is the need to restore, I have to boot up with a 8.0 boot disc, that works, too! (Not only the boot up, but the verification and restore as well)
    Before 9.0 was out, the verification/restore with 8.0 sometimes worked, sometimes not. At least, now I know how it will work all the time.......... :D Finally I found something that justifies buying the 9 version........... :'(

3. acronisdale

acronisdale Guest

Thanks for all the comments. I have been very happy
    with TI products and have had few problems.

I will be happy to upgrade to the new TI9 when problems
    are worked out. I don't mind paying for quality s/w when
    it works and lives up to expectations.

dale

4. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

DonKidd:
    Sure. Humans make mistakes, we all do. Making a mistake is not necessarily a sign of incompeteny. What is a sign of incompetancy in my view is making a mistake and failing to learn from it.

This whole episode with TI 9 is like a groundhog day of when TI 8 was released. Same Alpha level software. The really interesting thing for me is that I thought they would have been so mortified and embarrassed over the whole 'early introduction of TI 8' thing, and the fact that they discovered afterwards that they were charging people to debug the program, that they would make damn sure it would never happen again.

Yes we are all humans, but these guys are pushing their luck. They clearly don't understand how to manage the introduction of a product, and they are arguably being exploitative of their existing customer base by selling them goods unfit for purpose. It will be interesting to see what happens when they release V10, and if customers continue to join their Beta programme.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2005
  5. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

But, with this forum's input they could be working on the things that bother us the most.

6. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

#1 in my case would to be sure we could restore our trusted image to a new hard drive with the recovery CD. That is why I bought this program in the first place. I hear we can not do that in TI9 without an error and I, for one, do not want to "try it"!

7. SSK

SSK Registered Member

I agree, but that's what has been posted here before: Acronis forum staff forwards information to the developers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.