Acronis TI 9.1 has killed two servers

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mikecastdogg, Nov 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikecastdogg

mikecastdogg Registered Member

I installed acronis and rebooted my systems with no problems. Created a complete image and copied the image over to NAS. The next time I reboot the server, it begins to loop after the "Windows 2003" splash screen sometimes it will popup the dreaded autocheck not found(another user had the same problem). This has occured on a dell raid 5 perc scsi and a supermicro raid 5 adaptec sata.

When I try to restore the image, i get the same exact problem. I was forced to restore an exchange server using Veritas BENT from prior to installing acronis.

The image process has killed a production server and support was useless!!

I am afraid to continue using this product!

2. mikecastdogg

mikecastdogg Registered Member

Anyone? I had to repost to get this back on the first page. I am struggling for some type of remedy.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mikecastdogg,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that during the image archive creation the source drive uses in read-only mode and Acronis True Image does not change it in any way. Therefore, it is unlikely that image creation process could case this kind of issue. However, we would like to investigate this one with your assistance, if you have time for this of course.

Could you please describe the issue in more details?

- What is the exact name and build of the product that you use? You can find this information in the Help -> About dialog (the build number should be a 3 or 4 digit number).

- Please explain your step-by-step actions taking during the image creation, that led you to this issue.

- What exact error messages have you received during boot up? When exactly have you received them?

Please answer to the above question both for image creation and image restoration processes. This information would let us check the correctness of your actions and provide you with a possible solution.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

If you have already contacted Acronis Support Team you can send the collected information as a reply to the last message from Acronis Support Team. Please also let me know (via PM or post in it this thread) your Acronis request # (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which can be found in the subject of the letters that you received from our Support Team.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.