Acronis TI 8 & Photoshop CS2 Activation

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jbmoar, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jbmoar

Jbmoar Registered Member

I Have A Question About The Imaging Of A Drive That Includes Adobe Photoshop CS2 Installed On The Drive:

If True Image 8.0.889 Images The Entire Drive That Adobe Photoshop CS2 Is Installed,Will The Activation Data Be Backed Up As Well?

If A Restore Is Required With True Image Of This Drive,Will The activation Data For Photoshop CS 2 Be restored So Photoshop CS2 Will Not Need Re-Activating.

I Ask This Question As Imaging Photoshop CS Worked Perfectly And Restoring But Now I Have Upgraded To The Newer Photoshop CS 2 So I Want to know If the Activation Data Will Be restored As Well Or Has adobe Put The activation Data Somewhere Else that is not possible for Backup

2. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

No problemo... ;)

3. blue11

blue11 Guest

Adobe product activation relies not only on the activation data, but also on detection of hardware changes. If you restore the drive image to a different size drive, chances are very good (although not certain) you'll have to reactivate.

Same with Windows XP, by the way...

4. wefax

wefax Guest

My experience differs. I just used True Image 8.0 to clone a WinXP Pro hard drive contained Photoshop CS2 to an exact same second drive (same size, manufacturer, part number) and while the clone drive worked fine (booted, software ran, etc) CS2 said that the Photoshop was not activated and Photoshop would NOT run.

It answer your question: I'd have to say that, no, True Image did not work in making a complete backup.

- Bill

5. Jbmoar

Jbmoar Registered Member

Strange As I Have Restored A Few Times Now And True Image 8 Build 903 Worked Perfectly Restoring,Photoshop CS2 WAs Still Activated ... I've Read On The ForumsThat The Clone Feature Of True Image Has Some Minor Problems, I've Also read Since True Image Backup And Restore Is More reliable Itself,You Could try Just restoring your image to the New Drive (Choose To Restore Partition (Drive 1) Not (Just Drive) As The Whole Partition Has The Photoshop CS2 Activation Data Stored In The MBR ... (Your Backup Image Should Have The Entire Partition (Drive 1) Also And Since Your 2nd Drive Is Identical Their Should Be no problem, 1st you should Make your new drive the primary drive so their is no conflict with the older drive,You could even delete the partition on the older drive and then create a Partition and formated the older drive and then save your images on that drive and then restore your Full image that has the photoshop CS2 On it, is important that your new drive is the primary drive though ..

I Have replaced my drive in the past to a identical drive also but have restored My image instead of using the clone feature, worked perfect for me, photoshop CS2 Was ok after the restore ...

One More Thing,I Have Better Results By Using The True Image Rescue CD To Restore With!

to be sure your image is ok, you could Create another backup image of your entire partition Drive - Drive 1 That has the photoshop CS2 Program installed, Check before you Create The image to be sure photoshop CS2 Is Still Activated ...if it doesn't work you could de-activate photoshop CS2 From the help menu and then re-activate after the restore is done

If it doesn't work not sure why

Brett

Last edited: Jul 24, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.