Acronis TI 8 & BartPE Questions

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TerryWood, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

For some time I have been battling to resolve the issue of my USB Hard Drive not being recognised when booting up from a recovery CD generated by Acronis software on first installation.

This topic causes some angst in this forum and as far as I am aware has never been resolved even in the latest versions.

I have tried the stop gap solution suggested in "read this..." which works..... but.

I then gravitated to producing a BartPE plus Acronis plugin rescue CD.

I managed to achieve this and as far as I am able to tell it works OK.

I first produced it on my Desktop which Does NOT have the problem of USB recognition. I did this because I have a legitimate copy of Windows XP.

My problem is the laptop which does not recognise the USB HD, moreover it only has a Recovery Windows CD not a full version so I assume I cannot make a BartPE CD.

However I did try the BartPE/Acronis Recovery CD made on my Desktop.

I inserted it in my laptop booted up and I was able to generate all drives including my USB where the archives are stored. At that point I stopped because it begs some questions which are:

1) Is it correct that you cannot produce a BartPE CD fro a Windows recovery CD?

2) Is their any practical reason why I cannot use the BartPE/Acronis CD produced on my Desktop pc to boot up my Laptop to restore archives PRODUCED on my laptop but stored on my USB Drive

3) My Laptop Windows recovery CD is legitimate as is my Desktop full Windows CD. Is there any legal implications for my proposal to use the CD produced on my desktop for use on my laptop. This is assuming no practical issues and that the Windows recovery CD cannot be used to produce BartPE

Thanks for your help

Terry

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

1) I don't think so but the BartPE experts are here http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?act=idx.
    2) Nope I only have one and I use it on my desktop and laptop.
    3) Don't think so. You may want to look at Bart's website for license issues http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/.

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

1) No you must have a Windows CD XP to make a Bartpe disk
    2) No maybe. In my case the raid drivers were different on the laptop, but I just added them to the bart disk allong with my desktop drivers and it works fine.
    3) If they both are your machines and both have licensed copies of XP how could anyone tell, practically speaking.

Pete

4. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Thank you for your replies. Very Helpful

Terry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.