Acronis Tech Support Won't Respond ...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Bill945, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill945

Bill945 Registered Member

... to emails or voicmails left at their phone #. Has anyone else had similar problems? What did you do to get a response?

Over 3 weeks ago, I emailed several messages to Acronis support describing the problem and asking for help. After repeated messages pleading for help, they finally called me twice last week but I wasn't around and so they left 2 messages. I called them last Friday and asked them to call me Monday (today) so that we could sched a conference call. I followed up with a voicemail and email on Sunday asking them to please contact me Monday either via email or voicemail. No response.

The problem that I'm experiencing is with TI 7.0. When I run it from my PC, TI says that it doesn't see a hard drive on my system. When I run it from a boot disk, it does. I've installed and uninstalled several times and it hasn't helped.

Any thoughts on either of my situations would be very welcomed 8^).

Thanks!

Bill

2. srodick

srodick Registered Member

I had the same problem as you, but uninstalling and reinstalling TI solved the problem. My problem happened, I think, after I reinstalled Windows XP.

I also contacted Acronis via email about a different problem, and we traded emails several times to try to solve my problem. But, sometimes it would take several days for them to respond. I remember once, after a month, I had to email them to get them pumped up again: "Well, it's been over a month since you said you were going to work on this and I haven't heard from you. I'm still waiting." For what it's worth, they thought various things were causing my problem (e.g. HP printer driver), but none of them were so. As it turns out I think I had disk errors, as the problem went away after I ran disk repair utilities.

3. planetbill

planetbill Guest

Don't feel too bad. I've now learned that Symantec Ghost 9 support sucks at least as bad and possibly worse.

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, planetbill

Welcome to Wilders and Acronis Forums.

Well said

Also they have no Forum to to rant on so if they have problems [which they do] SO Fewer People here about it.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

5. Steve1947

Steve1947 Registered Member

I would be interested in the telephone number for Acronis, I have been unable to locate a number for either Acronis or their provisioning company, Element 5.

6. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Here is the supposed UK phone number:
    (unverified, maybe TheQuest will try it for us)

020 8805 1000

7. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Not sure but maybe a little help:

http://esd.element5.com/ccc/?languageid=8&pid=6729051

8. Steve1947

Steve1947 Registered Member

Thanks, Sent second E-Mail to Element 5, no response. Probably time to go to the New Jersey Consumer Protection Dept.

Contacted by Element 5, refund will be issued.

I suggest that this whole affair could have been avoided by having Element 5 provide a direct link to refund page.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2004
  9. Hari

Hari Registered Member

As a new buyer I posed two questions to tech. support on Sep 24 and received a response to one - with apology for delay - on Sep 27!
    I repeated the second question on Sep 27 and got the answer the next day!
    How can I complain!

10. TheQuest

Hi, beenthereb4

I will try I later today as it late right now.[00:48 am]

Is there anything in particular you what me to ask, if I get a reply.

Take Care,

11. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

al92lt1 - I have removed your post in this thread as you have been making numerous similar posts with the same negative wording, several of which have already been previously removed for the same reason.

As you are no longer using TI, I will ask you to stop making the same posts over and over again in other people's threads, and suggesting alternative products here in the Acronis Support Forum.

Thank you.

snap

12. ComputerX

ComputerX Registered Member

Snap,

Is suggesting other appropriate products not allowed? I didn't see anything about that in the TOS.

As a current TI user who is not totally happy I would love to hear about options. As a current Ghost user I know how bad Ghost is but I am still looking for the perfect imaging client.

Dan

PS I have been happy with the response the couple times I talked to support. Maybe because I expect less. I think of imaging products as a sysadmin tool and I expect sysadmin level support. I don't need or want hand holding. OK, maybe I want hand holding. But I don't need or expect it :)

13. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

As this is the Acronis support forum it is meant to convey information concerning Acronis products. If someone has some information to alternative products to acronis software it should be done in the software and services forum or one such as privace software depending on the type of software that it is. But a product specific support forum is not the place to introduce alternative solutions. It can cause confusion and it is a little rude also. You would not want me to try and sell fords on your chevrolet dealership.

bigc

14. al92lt1

al92lt1 Registered Member

I have posted there also, and my posts were removed. I have been responding to members via private messages whenever I can offer some help.

15. Death

Death Registered Member

Wow! We got 2, (yup two!) moderators that can find the time to respond, just NOT any techsupport!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing!

How about actually responding to what the person is trying to get an answer to?

ARGHH!

16. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Death - I am a Global Moderator for Wilders Forum, and if I see in any posts where our TOS is being violated, I will respond accordingly.

I also help where I can in all the forums here, as do all the other Moderators and Administrators, but I am not an Acronis Tech Support Moderator.

Regards,

snap

17. al92lt1

al92lt1 Registered Member

If a person is having a problem with Acronis, what's wrong with suggesting an alternative? It is most logical to post the suggestions here because that's where the person originally posted his problem and requested help. I don't mind helping people and I have a lot of experience with the last several versions of True Image and Ghost as well as PowerQuest. To say that no other imaging software can be mentioned in this forum does the users a great disservice.

<snip>

After review of link and contents, this ADVERTISING has been removed as per our TOS - Detox

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2004
  18. Death

Death Registered Member

Jeez, feels almost like 1940's Germany...

What's next? Boots kicking down the door for speaking about something the Fuehrer (moderator) doesn't like?

Get a grip guys, this isn't the way to treat customers.

This kind of overkill behavior just strengthens the arguments against Acronis....

19. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Oh come on!! 1940s Germany? I find that a ridiculous and offensively exaggerated comparison, as I'm sure any decent person would, or anyone who actually live through such an experience.

This forum section is for Acronis related discussions - period. As I'm sure everyone can see, there are many threads here that clearly show the Acronis True Image product in a bad light, as well as highlighting support issues, and none of those have been removed. So obviously we aren't just removing things to make Acronis look better.

What we have been doing is redirecting recommendations for alternative or competing imaging products to the "Software & Services" forum section, where there are many such discussions. That's all.

20. Death

Death Registered Member

Well, well, must have hit a nerve. :D
    They say "the truth hurts", ;) ...

Nice try, but no cigar, it is obvious what is going on here and I am not the only one who has noticed...

21. TheQuest

Hi, Death

I find the statement above to bring Germany 1940 to this Forum really bad, I am a Pole and was born at that time, and I do not need the likes of you trying to put them together.

Why dont you find some well else to Post.

How I feel about you is beyond words.

22. Death

Death Registered Member

(Now, just for those who don't get it, these are analogies, not to be taken literal...)

However this is not about you, or about your Polish family tree.

You are obviously trying to deflect from the real issue.

The point is that this is like the burning of the books, only with posts which we don't want to be read... (again see first line of this post, before going off on the suffering etc. of some during WWII)

23. TheQuest

Death

first Line:-
    You do not seem to understand anything about anything.

24. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

Death Your comments are not welcome here. This forum is for those who require help with TrueImage and for those who give help with TrueImage. You, on the other hand, appear to be mostly interested in stirring up trouble.

25. Death

Death Registered Member

I'll refer you to line one of my previous post...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.