Acronis support

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jehosophat, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jehosophat

jehosophat Registered Member

On 16th November 2008 I put in an email for support. Today 4th February 2009 I got a reply.

So that is nearly 3 months later. Is this a record?

The issue has long been sorted out by the users here in this forum.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jehosophat,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Could you please let me know the case number? Also, you can send your e-mail address via PM.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. jehosophat

Thanks for the comment.

I prefer that you spend time sorting out outstanding issues rather than the past. Most of my help desk calls have taken over a month to get a response.

If you could spare some time to get rid of a few bugs then the helpdesk would not be so slow in gives responses. Also one email I had from Acronis helpdesk after a 6 week wait for a response said that you were having email problems.

If you have a modern helpdesk which tracks problems and responses then it should not be a surprise to you that users get issues responded to in months not hours.

I only use Live Chat now.

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Not yet, there are people who sent support an email in 2005 and are still waiting. They may get the record. :)

5. the_poet

the_poet Registered Member

one month to get the first answer is the usual. The real trouble is that the support isn't effective, they only give stupid answer like "is the computer powered on? " "Is Acronis installed?"

6. jehosophat

That's good to know. At least I am not paranoid and Acronis dont like people from the UK. My oldest outstanding question posted in early November 2008 is still unanswered by Acronis.

It was:
    What is the latest build number for Acronis True Image Home?

Seems a easy question. The guys at Acronis are still struggling to give me an answer to this after 3 months.

I will give Acronis some help. Can the helpdesk confirm that it is Build 9709?

A straight YES/NO answer would be great.

7. atih9carlo

atih9carlo Registered Member

The answer is very hard to give because it is country and support dependent, e.g. in Germany we are "one hour" behind the Wall Street, some "southern countries" can even more relax in the sun!

Further you need an alt-key on your keyboard to find the build number.

Greetings to UK

Carlo

8. jehosophat

You misunderstand. I knew my build number I just wanted to know what the latest build should be.

Well as I told them that I was using the English version and what my current build was, I thought they would know! :)

Perhaps Acronis are not writing the software? Perhaps some clever chaps in the Far East or Russia are doing the coding?

You mention the German version. I do feel sorry for you guys who are having to wait a very long time for the German version. I have worked for 2 software companies and the way Acronis treats their customers is just shocking.

9. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Yes, the programmers for Acronis are based in Russia. Note the names of the Acronis tech support staff who participate here as well.

10. atih9carlo

atih9carlo Registered Member

My comment was not teaching you the right things. It was some kind of totally frustrated humor. I have 45 years of IT experience but never experienced such a behaviour of a software company (except MS).

11. yamaneko

yamaneko Registered Member

While I laughed my eyes off (that what so funny, thank you :D ) I have to agree that. Sometimes I just wonder if they not read mails at all and just randomly repry something vague.

12. jehosophat

That is true sometimes they dont read the emails from the users. Instead they reply with standard paragraphs of text.

I had one response that told me to download the latest version. I was already using the latest version Build 9709.

13. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

jehosophat, you can always check the information about the latest builds here

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.