Acronis "support" still alive????? - I doubt that...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Tom_USA, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom_USA

Tom_USA Guest

I sent this question to Acronis about three weeks ago - and got no answer at all. Are they out of business or simply decided not to deliver support for the products they sold? I am at the point where I am going to contact the Better Business Bureau here in the U.S. to get an organization active that takes care about consumer's protection. Did anybody get any support (outside this really great forum) from Acronis in the last couple of weeks?

product name Acronis True Image
    version 7.0
    build number 634
    version of OS Issue is with boot CD accessing share on XP Pro SP2

I recently (about four weeks before Acronis decided to throw a new version on the market) purchased Acronis True Image 7.0 and have patched it to the latest version build 634.
    I have created an image and added incremental deltas to it (nightly backups). That works pretty well, the consistency check does not show any problems and I can mount and explore these images.
    The problem is that when I boot from the recovery CD, I can find the images on the network share but I can not restore because the CD-booted version keeps telling me that the image is corrupted/not an Acronis True Image file.
    Another local check of the image does not show any problems. The computers are directly connected through a 100Mbit hub, there are no network problems whatsoever.
    When can a fix be expected for this?

Maybe somebody here in the forum has an idea?

Cheers,
    Tom

2. al92lt1

al92lt1 Registered Member

The exact same thing happened to me. I finally got a refund.

3. Death

Death Registered Member

What did you have to do to get your refund?

I am getting there myself, days gone by, no answers, no solution!

While the product looks good, what's the use if one can't get it to work, the company ignores its customers and techsupport seemingly doesn't exist...

This company is starting to look more and more like a one man show, and he doesn't have time to do it all?

4. al92lt1

I went to the digital river customer support site and requested my refund there. If your purchase was through Element 5, you must go through them. Either way it will be a hassle. Be persistent. It took 3 weeks to get mine.

5. Death

Death Registered Member

Jeez! I guess I'll just call my credit card company and ask them to reject the charge for the non-working product, if I don't get a resolution soon.

6. al92lt1

That will probably be your best option.

7. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

On would think it would start to get old; me removing the spam for other products in here and directing all to discuss any other imaging software over here.

So, why don't we just try that and then Detox won't have to say the same thing every day?

8. al92lt1

You guys remove my posts from there also. Wilders Security Forums should change the name to the PRO ACRONIS FORUM

9. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

I'm sorry, but the is not true. I've sent you a PM showing exactly what posts of your's were removed. There were 3 of them, and they were all from threads in this forum section. (We log all moderator actions and save all removed posts.)

10. sapperdeflabber

sapperdeflabber Registered Member

I think they went on holiday from the money we paid them.

11. Death

Death Registered Member

Well, I talked about which product I tried after this TrueImage 8 disappointment, Image for Windows was it's name, it worked and you deleted the whole post?
    Why don't you just delete whatever you find offensive in the post, so I personally don't see what that could have been.
    There are other products out there and their mere mentioning shouldn't get posts removed....

12. Death

Death Registered Member

Just in case that my previous post gets removed, here's how you find a real viable alternative:
    www.dogpile.com is a search engine and you can type in <snip> and the first item returned in the search is where you want to go. On that page you'll find the first entry (starts with a "boot..."), this one I found to actually work...

line removed due to inaproperate content==bigc

edited to remove spam - Detox

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2005
  13. Death

Death Registered Member

Here we go again, the editing won't stop....

14. jmw

jmw Registered Member

Death,
    I downloaded the Terabyte product and before I even tried to run it, I decided against it. It has a max backup file size of 2GB, which I guess means that for a backup of a disk that has 60GB of info, there would be 30 files. Which means that for a restore to occur you would have to "append logically" those 30 files. That is far too risky for me. If one of those files get corrupted, it could mean your entire restore could fail. Backup and restore files are risky enough without adding that to the equation.

I appreciate your info but I guess because I have been a victim of the old DOS "backup to multiple diskettes" roulette, I am too afraid of trusting this kind of technology.

15. al92lt1

The backups are compressed.

16. Death

Death Registered Member

I had the same reservations, but, well, I used it, backed up directly to CD, it created the image files, verfied them and it even made the CDs bootable from CD1 (not the last one of the backup set). Then I restored, it WORKED the very first time...

Anyway, as I told techsupport, I really like the way TI8 looks and if it worked for me I'd be more than happy to have it, but after wasting 1 week trying to get it to work, I can't trust my data to something that will, or will not, create valid images.
    Besides, I was in a rush, just lost everything to MS wonderful SP2 which wiped out my computer. Techsupport didn't even respond until today. I tried who knows how many different ways to make this tick, it just couldn't be done, even the tech support suggestions didn't work.

If this becomes bullet proof, than TI would be my proggy of choice!
    But right now I needed a backup of my virgin-install XP Pro, so I can continue to setup and later (after another backup) try SP2 again.

17. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Gentlemen you were warned in post #7 TO STAY ON TOPIC meaning "acronis products" seeing as how this is an acronis specific support forum not a platform to advertise or spam other products. Please get back on topic or start a thread here to discuse other products or this thread will be closed.

bigc

18. Death

Death Registered Member

Okydoky, sorry...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.