Acronis Snap Deploy & Vista (log in problem)

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by ssquared1961, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ssquared1961

ssquared1961 Registered Member

This is my first post - so bear with me...

I was using an XP machine to deploy my images until recently - I upgraded to a laptop with Vista & IE8. After the upgrade I noticed that I needed to log into snap deploy - it was working fine last week. I come in today and I can't log into snap deploy. The log in box just keeps coming back to user name and password. After many unsuccessful attempts to log in... I started going back over what I had done last week. It finally dawned on me that I had loaded Windows updates before I left last week. That was the problem. A security update for IE8 came out last Wednesday (KB972260). Once I uninstalled it the log in worked fine. I have since downgraded IE back to 7 so I won't re-install the update. Just thought I would share in case anyone else is beating their head against the wall. By the way, Acronis Support was no help at all. I ended up telling them how to fix it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.