Acronis Snap Deploy + Problems with PXE

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by marley1, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marley1

marley1 Registered Member

I installed Acronis Snap Deploy Management Console, License Server, Deploy Server, PXE Server, and Management Agent on my NAS device that servers my client network. This nas also handles DHCP. This is a 192.168.2.x network for machines that I am repairing.

I went into Acronis and created Bootable Media and sent them to the PXE server.

I also read something in a PDF to do this:

If Acronis PXE Server and the DHCP server are on the same computer, add to the DHCP server
    option 60: “Client Identifier” with string value “PXE Client”. This can be done as follows:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh
    netsh>dhcp
    netsh>dhcp>server \\<server_machine_name> or <IP address>
    netsh dhcp>add optiondef 60 PXEClient STRING 0 comment=”Option added for
    PXE support”
    netsh dhcp>set optionvalue 60 STRING PXEClient

So I have tried booting off 2 Dell machines, 1 brand new laptop with Intel nic, and an older Dell Dimension and they try to connect to the PXE server but just fails and doesn't connect.

Can someone help me with some troubleshooting.

I also created the bootable media to a CD, was able to boot off that, but when I try to create a master image, I find no way to browse to the Nas/Server - 192.168.2.10 which I programed in during CD creation.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Dan

2. marley1

proxydhcp did not reply to request port 4101

is the error i get, but it looks like hte machine grabs an ip address, was 192.168.2.69

any ideas

3. marley1

found an option now i can boot and get teh Acronix PXE server so trying more, will post back.

okay so old Dimension can see the NAS

new Dell E6500 cannot.

so looks like i need to create the image onto a flash drive or usb external then instlal on nas and get updated drivers for these machines.

how do i get update drivers for dell latitue, dell vostro and dell optiplex models?

4. mtbox

mtbox Registered Member

Hi! I have the same problem: workstation boots from network, gets IP address but gives the "proxyDHCP did not reply to request on port 4011" -message and reboots itself.

We just started to test Acronis Snap Deploy 3.0 trial version today.
    We have Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard running both Acronis PXE Server AND DHCP.
    PXEClient identifier 60 has been set via Command Prompt.
    Acronis Snap Deploy bootable components are uploaded.

What was that option that helped you? Could you share it with the rest of us, please?

Is uploading PE to PXE Server necessary before booting to PXEClient/Acronis?

Regards
    M.

5. mtbox

mtbox Registered Member

Found a solution by leaving just default DHCP identifiers and removing 060, 066, 067 if any. After this workstation boots itself to Acronis.

In addition, apparently there weren't any suitable NIC drivers for our Hp dc7900 model (which I forgot to mention..), so we needed to update those kernel.dat and ramdisk.dat files.

More in this thread:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=166440&page=3

Cheers
    M.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.