Acronis server for win

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Netanel, Feb 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Netanel

Netanel Registered Member

Hy
    I dawnlaod the trail and after i made an image file and i wante to restor it to ather computer it's tel me that it not a acronics image fill!!!!

2. Netanel

restor image very sloly

Hi
    i made a image to my computer and i begin to restor it on a new computer bat it take allot of time.
    my image is 30GB and with norton ghost it take 40 min.
    i use a maxtor 1 tach 300GB hdd with usb connect
    the drive is on NTFS - is that the optimal?
    allso i tray to restor a computer from lan with server for win and it find the file but i cant to restor it cus it tell me that the file is nit acronis file...

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: restor image very sloly

Hello Netanel,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please take a look at my reply in this previous thread.

Please also provide us with the following information:

- When exactly you receive a message stating that the image archive you try to restore is not an Acronis True Image file?

- Provide us with the exact text of this message;

- Where do you store your image?

- Describe the way you try to restore an image in detail.

Could you please provide us with the following information?

- Clarify whether the above statement means that you have solved the problem when Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Windows refused to restore the image archive stating that it is not an Acronis True Image file or it is related to some other image archive which you are actually able to restore;

- What is the exact size of the image archive you try to restore;

- How much time does it take exactly to restore this image;

Please let us know the actual time, but not the estimated one since the latter is usually quite approximate.

- Where do you store this image?

- Find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About menu in the main program window and let us know them;

- Describe the way you try to restore an image in detail.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. Netanel

i made a image file and i connecet with a new computer thro lan and pick the image file and under the file it write me "the selected file is not an acronis true image archive"

i store the image file in a usb hdd (maxstor)

5. Acronis Support

Hello Netanel,

Could you please provide us with the detailed answers to all of the questions I asked above?

Please note that otherwise we will not be able to provide you with the further assistance.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

6. Netanel

Hi
    let's strat from the begin cus i seet on the app and see something new
    if i save the image on the hdd on the "master" copmuter and connect thro lan it's work good.
    but if i save the image on NTFS Usb HDD(maxstor) 279GB that connect to the "master" computer it write me the error message and not let me to restor the image.

1.336 GB - to simple computer the image i will make to the master computer is 37 GB
    to the simple computer it take 4 min if it store on the "master" computer thro lan

on master computer or on Usb HDD

i take the latest trail v from your site

as i sad befor, i made a cd boot and reboot a new computer.
    i change the network seting and go to restor wizard.
    i go to computer near me and go to the master computer
    if i click on file that store in the HDD of the master computer it let me make the restor.
    bat if i click on the file the store in the usb hdd it write me the this is not a acronis file

10X

7. Netanel

up ..........

8. Acronis Support

Hello Netanel,

Could you please do the following?

- Start the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 from under Windows on your "simlpe" computer and verify the image residing on the external USB hard drive connected to your "master" computer by means of the embedded Check Archive tool. Let us know the result;

- Create a new image saving it to the "master" computer's internal hard drive and use eXpress CheckSum Calculator to calculate an MD5 checksum of the resulting .tib file;

- Copy the image created to the Maxtor external USB hard drive using Windows Explorer or any other file browser and use the above mentioned eXpress CheckSum Calculator to calculate it's MD5 checksum;

- Copy the .tib file back to the internal hard drive and calculate it's MD5 checksum once more;

- Compare the checksums calculated and inform us about the result;

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

9. Netanel

Hi,
    i will let u now later the size of the fill,
    In Acronis True Image 9.0 it let me make an image file under win from the simple computer on the usb drive that connect to the master computer.
    bat after that i take a new computer with cd boot it not show me "computers near me" the computer think and not show the computers that connect the lan.
    i change the network connect that will be ext that i have on win & from win i connect to the master computer

10. Netanel

I check the MD5 and...

From the master HD is :
    B1A17D60A3BF0BB36D6886A9D3E007A7
    From the Maxtor Usb HD after i copy from the master is:
    From the master HD after i copy from the maxtor is:

it not chang....

11. Acronis Support

Hello Netanel,

Could you please do the following?

- Boot your "simple" computer from Bootable Rescue CD created using the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears;

- After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button, choose "Full Version" and wait for # prompt to appear;

- Issue the following commands:

asamba dhcp -n
    asamba masters

- Write down the output after each of the commands or use a digital camera to make a shots of the output screens;

- Insert a diskette in a floppy disk drive and issue the following commands;

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    cat /proc/net/dev > mntdir/net.txt
    sysinfo > mntdir/sysinfo.txt
    umount mntdir

- Collect the net.txt and sysinfo.txt files from the diskette.

Please note that sometimes the sysinfo.txt and net.txt files are not readable from under Windows. In this case please try entering the file names using capital letters (SYSINFO.TXT, NET.TXT) or follow the instructions provided in this previous post of mine.

If you do not have a floppy drive then please take a look at this previous post of mine explaining how to save the sysinfo.txt file to USB flash drive.

Please also provide us with the following information:

- Install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 on your "master" computer, start the program from under Windows and verify the image residing on the external USB hard drive by means of the embedded Check Archive tool. Let us know the result;

Note that you do not need to re-download the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 in order to perform these actions. You can use the same installation file as you used to install the software on your "simple" computer.

- Connect the external USB hard drive containing the image to your "simple" computer (if possible of course) and try to verify the image when Acronis True Image 9.0 is running from under Windows. Please also boot your "simple" computer from Bootable Rescue CD and try to restore an image once more (while your external USB hard drive is connected to your "simple" computer). Inform us about the results.

Please submit a request for technical support using Ask a question before you purchase Acronis software link. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

12. Netanel

Hi
    i tray bat it make me somthing i dot understand
    info no lease failing

169.254.130.65 ip010051248111 MSHOME M

HE WRITE ME MNTDIR FAILED
    WAYo_O?

13. Acronis Support

Hello Netanel,

Please do the following:

- Boot your "simple" computer from Bootable Rescue CD created using the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears;

- After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button, choose "Full Version" and wait for # prompt to appear;

- Issue the following command:

sysinfo

- Please write down the output after this command, or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screens and send the captured information to us. You can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys in order to scroll the screen manually.

We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

14. Netanel

i send a zip file with the pic....
    under:
    10X

15. Netanel

How I now if the picsend to you?

16. Acronis Support

Hello Netanel,

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send me a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

17. Netanel

Hi

Acronis #499865

18. Netanel

Hi is ther is somthing new?

19. Acronis Support

Hello Netanel,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Your request has been forwarded to our Development Team. You will be contacted as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.