ACRONIS SECURE ZONE REMOVAL

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Rube62, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rube62

Rube62 Registered Member

I have Acronis TI Home 10 on Dell home desktop running XP Home with single internal 150G hard drive....normally don't save a lot of stuff, so was using only about 20G of available HD space Over the past month I've created several successful full image backups of my entire C: drive on an external USB HD.

Yesterday I successfully created an Acronis Secure Zone on my internal HD....kinda figured that another backup source might come in handy some day....the ASZ was allocated 50G of my 150G of HD space.

Today I changed my mind and decided to remove the ASZ. In the Acronis Program in WinXP, I clicked on Tools....Manage ASZ....then followed the remove instructions. The ASZ seems to be gone, but XP Disk Management shows that I still have a 50G un-allocated space partition where the ASZ had been. So I still have only a total of 100G space on my HD....am using 20G....leaves me with only about 80G HD space.

How do I remove this un-allocated partition and get my 50G of HD space returned? Hope I'm making myself clear....any help is very much appreciated!

2. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

Rube62:

When you remove the Acronis Secure Zone (ASZ) you should see a screen asking which partition to add the space freed from the zone. (Page 60 of the TI 10 user guide). Perhaps you missed this the first time through.

To fix, create another ASZ but do NOT activate the Acronis Startup Recovery Manager. Tell the wizard to use all 50 GB of free space for the zone. Then immediately after doing this, remove the ASZ. Tell the wizard to give the 50 GB to your C: partition.

3. Rube62

Rube62 Registered Member

k0lo....thanks for the prompt reply and help....worked like a charm....got my HD space back....thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.