Acronis Secure Zone messes boot-up on ThinkPad 770/Windows 98

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Bruce2005, Sep 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce2005

Bruce2005 Registered Member

Acronis Secure Zone messes boot-up on my ThinkPad 770 notebook computer running Windows 98 with FAT16. The TP770 will then boot up only in safe mode. To recover, it was necessary to use the ThinkPad recovery disk which wiped out all the data. How can Acronis Secure Zone be used reliably for this computer? (P.S. Does anyone see the irony?)

2. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

You didn't say where the SecureZone was created. Was it located on a hard drive or on an external device?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bruce2005,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please provide me with the more detailed information on the problem?

Please clarify what exactly do you mean when saying that "Acronis Secure Zone messes boot-up".

Have you activated Acronis Startup Recovery Manager (feature that allows you to boot onto the "standalone" mode by pressing F11 at the computer's startup)?

If yes, then please tell me if you tried to deactivate it or to fix your hard drive's MBR.

Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please also answer pjb024's question.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. Bruce2005

The Acronis Secure Zone was created on the internal hard drive.

After setting up True Image to use the Acronis Secure Zone, the notebook computer was rebooted. When rebooting, the operating system displayed a message about a configuration or registry error, and then the operating system displayed another message about attempting to fix the error. The error was not fixed, because Windows failed to boot normally. However, Windows could be booted with safe mode. This, by the way, was the second attempt to get True Image to work with the Secure Zone.

The first attempt was to use the Secure Zone AND the Acronis Startup Recovery Manager. With this configuration, the option to press F11 at startup was not displayed. Instead, the operating system displayed the message about the configuration or registry error. By the way, I thought the problem might be due to the Acronis Startup Recovery Manager, so that's why the second attempt used only the Acronis Secure Zone.

An attempt was not made to fix the hard drive's MBR, because that's beyond my expertise. Instead, the hard disk was "restored" twice (once for each attempt) with the recovery CD from the notebook manufacturer, IBM. Unfortunately, that meant my applications and data were wiped out.

5. Bruce2005

It has been nearly a week, without a response, since I added the requested information to this thread.

Please help!

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bruce2005,

I'm really sorry for the delay with the response.

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Send these files to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.