Acronis Scheduler2 and Norton 2009 incompatible?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by grazza, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grazza

grazza Registered Member

I have been happily running Norton antivirus 2008 together with Acronis TI Home 2009 on Windows XP home edition, but after upgrading to Norton internet security 2009, my system has gone into meltdown! (CPU usage 100%)
    I seem to have isolated the problem to Acronis Scheduler2 and when I disable this service things go back to normal again.
    Anyone else with similar problem or any suggestions other than ditching Norton?
    Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello grazza,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Could you please explain in some words when exactly the system freezes? What do you try to perform? Also, what is the build number of Acronis True Image Home 2009? You can check it navigating mouse cursor to upper line of the program then press ALT + left mouse button -> Help -> About

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

I've had no probs running TIH2009 and NIS2009 so not quite sure what your problem is.

4. Acronis Support

Hello grazza,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

We can check whether Acronis drivers interfere with Norton internet security 2009 if you send us the following diagnostic information:

- Download and unpack the Device Tree application:
    http://download.acronis.com/support/devicetree.zip

- Run the application;
    - Completely unfold the \Driver\Disk and \Driver\FtDisk branches;
    - Move the margin to the right in order to see all the items;
    - Make a screen shot and send it to us.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

5. grazza

grazza Registered Member

Thanks for your replies.
    My Version is 9,709 (i.e. the latest update)
    The data from DeviceTree is attached.

I am not sure why, but after deleting my existing backup and validation schedules from ACI2009 and restarting Scheduler2, things started working again!
    I am in the process of reconfiguring and running new backup tasks, and so far so good....

Attached Files:

6. Acronis Support

Hello grazza,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Could you please let us know the exact moment when the system freezes?

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

7. grazza

grazza Registered Member

The system froze as soon as I installed Norton Internet Security 2009. It appears my Acronis backup schedules have become corrupted. To resolve the issue I first stopped the Schedule2 process which was clogging up my CPU. The problem returned if I restarted Schedule2. Then I looked at my backup schedules and found that there was a problem - could not edit them due to a username/password violation. I then deleted my backup schedules and then on restarting Schedule2, the system was working again. I have reconfigured my backup schedules and everything is working, so far...

8. Acronis Support

Hello grazza,

Thank you for your feedback. We are really glad to hear that you have found the solution.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.