Acronis Sanpdeploy 2.0 doesn't like my latitude d630 or d830

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by jcherpes, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcherpes

jcherpes Registered Member

I try to grab an image using the bootable media and the machine freezes up. I grabbed the image using the agent, thinking that it was only the image creator that wasn't working. Trying to deploy the image was the same story... I tried on both a latitude 630 and a latitude 830 and it was the same -- it goes about 30% and then it freezes -- the computer receiving the image becomes unresponsive-- the cursor won't move or anything.

the build of snap deploy is 2,135

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeremy

2. deskside1

deskside1 Registered Member

Jeremy,

I had the same issue and Acronis gave me a command line to modify the linux boot, that worked well.
    it was :

kernel.dat initrd=ramdisk.dat ramdisk_size=40000 vga=0x314 acpi=off noacpi quiet

They also sent me a modifeds version of the boot CD that included the NIC driver for D630 laptops.

3. jcherpes

Thank you so much!!!!

How do I get into a command line mode to alter the parameters? Is there a file I can edit that goes into the cd or the PXE server?

Thanks again,

Jeremy

4. deskside1

deskside1 Registered Member

when booting you have to press the F11 key right after the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message.
    you get to the selection screen. After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the word "quiet", click on the "OK" button and select the Full version menu item to boot. Wait for # prompt to appear. Please insert a Flash disk to a USB port and issue the following commands:

"kernel.dat initrd=ramdisk.dat ramdisk_size=40000 vga=0x314 acpi=off noapic quiet"

5. jcherpes

Thanks,

It works great now.

6. IntegIS

IntegIS Registered Member

I've tried using the command line mode, but haven't been successful as of yet.

While it says "Starting Acronis Loader" I hit F11, and the text box comes up. I remove the word "quiet" and click on OK. It goes back to the Selection screen - choosing either "Master Image Creator" or "Deploy Agent" seems to get me the same end result.

It runs through commands, eventually coming up with a #. I insert an empty flash disk to a USB port (why I'm not sure?) and after it loads the USB drive I proceed to type the linux command. It simply responds with a "Kernel.dat: Unknown error 2". Am I missing a step somewhere?

7. WangChung

WangChung Registered Member

Thanks for the information, Everythign worked just fine usign Snap Deploy 2.0.

Regrads,

WC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.