ACRONIS RESTORED PARTITION BUT.....

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ldkamb, Dec 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ldkamb

ldkamb Registered Member

I did a complete backup w/Acronis 9.0 of my 80 GB Hitachi HD. I backed it up to a 250 GB slave drive. I then swapped out the 80 GB drive and replaced it with a 120 GB jumpered as a master. Using the bootable CD, I then restored the backup on drive D: to the new drive C:. Everything worked perfectly, although the process took over 6 hours. The backup file was 31 GB. All is well and I am not complaining BUT when I look at my System Properties, Device Manager, Disk Drives, it shows the correct drive sizes - but when I do a My Computer and right click on properties, it shows the drive size as only 80 GB.

Knowing it is a 120 gig drive, what do I need to do to regain the other 40 gig? Do I have to get something like Partition It!? It seems the restore function of Acronis did the partition and left the full size of the new HD alone. I may have answered my own question but would appreciate some expertise to either confirm my conclusion or set me strait. Thanks.

2. Long View

Long View Registered Member

My guess is that you need to either (a) get a partition program or (b) you could restore again and when asked about the size of the partition answer that you want the full size of the drive.

3. phasechange

phasechange Registered Member

Here's a trick, assuming you are not running an Acronis Secure Zone. Install a Secure Zone filling up the remaining free space on your new disk. Then delete the Acronis Secure Zone. It will give you the chance to add the free space created to your main partition. Do so.

Phasechange :ninja:

4. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Great idea. I knew Acronis Secure Zone had to be good for something after all
    :D

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

To clarify. Use the Manage Acronis Secure Zone Wizard to "Remove" the Secure Zone. If you use Windows Disk Management to "delete" it you will be left with unallocated space equal in size to the Secure Zone you just deleted.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.